Laundry on an Alaskan cruise

noppy

We will be doing a 13 day Alaskan Cruise tour. I am trying to pack for this. I know there is laundry service on the ship. Do they wash jeans? 

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!!!

10 minutes ago, noppy said:

We will be doing a 13 day Alaskan Cruise tour. I am trying to pack for this. I know there is laundry service on the ship. Do they wash jeans? 

Any suggestions?

Yes, they will wash jeans, but I believe everything is washed in warm/hot water so you might want to bring an extra pair if you have the room to avoid fading.

11 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Yes, they will wash jeans, but I believe everything is washed in warm/hot water so you might want to bring an extra pair if you have the room to avoid fading.

You could get them dry cleaned if you are worried about fading/shrinkage. 

31 minutes ago, noppy said:

Any suggestions?

Price list:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/laundry-service-price-list.pdf

42 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I believe that if you are paying the regular laundry prices (not using the wash 'n' fold stuff-it bag), you can specify how they launder your item(s).  That would include saying "cold water for these jeans".

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I believe that if you are paying the regular laundry prices (not using the wash 'n' fold stuff-it bag), you can specify how they launder your item(s).  That would include saying "cold water for these jeans".

You are probably correct.  I've only used the laundry service a few times on longer cruises and can't remember how the order forms work.  I've read that everything is washed in hot water but that's probably just for the wash-n-fold bags as you stated.

49 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I did that for all my laundry twice on Ovation, everything was fine, I put cold wash/rinse / low temp dry. You may want to over it with the room steward to make sure. It makes packing simpler.