Third person in Neptune on NS questions

Alberta Quilter

Hi, we are considering booking a Neptune suite on the NS for three adults travelling together.  I currently have an aft wrap suite on hold.  Where does the third person sleep?  On the couch?  Does it pull out into a sofa bed or does one sleep on the full length of the couch?  Does this impede access to the verandah at all?

There were three aft wraps available, one each on decks 5, 6 & 7.  Which one is better and why?  I currently have the one on deck 7 booked.  How fully covered is each verandah?  I was told that deck 7 is larger than the other two.  With three of us, I thought larger would be best.

Thanks for your help!

If NS afts are like the ones on the K, 7 is larger than 6. We had a deck 7 aft wrap, and instead of a sofa there was what might be called a "day bed." It was too wide to sit on, but OK for reclining and lounging. Probably would be OK for sleeping, but I'm not sure about the length. 

L1020218 (2).JPG

Have you considered a Signature suite?  The Murphy bed is sort of private for the 3rd person?  We loved the cabin.  This was on the Kongingsdam so not positive it’s same on the NS.  

It’s hidden behind the picture on the wall then pulls down.  

B7A97DF9-C712-4239-A6A9-B77020B01BFC.jpeg

9BB283EE-336B-4408-89F1-8A7C9D093F81.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 2

Yes, I actually was going to book a signature suite but the cost difference between the two was only C$500 which is approx. equal to the cost of Club Orange which I was considering anyway.  Then when I found out it was an aft wrap, it was a bit of a no brainer!  This will probably be the only chance we get to try a Neptune!

I did see your pics on Halfacts and really appreciated them!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Yes, I actually was going to book a signature suite but the cost difference between the two was only C$500 which is approx. equal to the cost of Club Orange which I was considering anyway.  Then when I found out it was an aft wrap, it was a bit of a no brainer!  This will probably be the only chance we get to try a Neptune!

I did see your pics on Halfacts and really appreciated them!

Ok, wanted to make sure.  Aft wrap Neptune sounds fun for 3!! 

We chose the aft wrap balcony Neptune suite on Koningsdam on deck 4 because the balcony was so large. I assume the sofa/day bed in there could have been used as a bed for the third person as it was about the size of a twin size bed. I’m attaching photos of the room and balcony. You can see the daybed under the tv. The only downside to being on 4 was that we were a little far from the Neptune lounge but I think the big wrap around balcony was worth it. 

17A663B7-3009-44EE-9C05-CB256988A6B0.jpeg

36187D3D-B6B4-43A2-925E-7480C0B05C03.jpeg

EA0A5EC1-F90C-4B2E-AF16-98FA1B382465.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Thanks everyone!  I looked at the deck plans this morning and you're right, it is the sofa/day bed.  I should have checked the deck plan symbols.  But I appreciate all the help and suggestions.  We are very excited to try the suite life!

You will love it and be totally spoiled!  DH and I booked a NS on a flash sale that only lasted 24 hrs.  By fortune or luck, I was on the HAL site a few minutes after the price dropped.  We booked a NS for less than we normally paid for a balcony.

At the time, DH had cancer, hadn't been doing well, and suddenly a few weeks prior to this, he started doing much better.  His doctor had given him permission to travel the week before, so we booked.  That cruise was truly sent by God because it was the last cruise we took.  He died 4 months later, but I was comforted by the fact that we had finally stayed in a NS, something he had wanted to do for years.  We could have afforded it on previous cruises, but we wouldn't have been able to cruise for 3 years afterwards.  We felt cruising more often (2-3x a year) was more important than booking a NS.  That drop in price couldn't have come at a better time.  What fun we had!

Prepare to be totally and completely spoiled.  It was hard afterwards for me to go back to regular ocean view/balcony cabins, but, hey, at least I was on the ship, right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

You will love it and be totally spoiled!  DH and I booked a NS on a flash sale that only lasted 24 hrs.  By fortune or luck, I was on the HAL site a few minutes after the price dropped.  We booked a NS for less than we normally paid for a balcony.

At the time, DH had cancer, hadn't been doing well, and suddenly a few weeks prior to this, he started doing much better.  His doctor had given him permission to travel the week before, so we booked.  That cruise was truly sent by God because it was the last cruise we took.  He died 4 months later, but I was comforted by the fact that we had finally stayed in a NS, something he had wanted to do for years.  We could have afforded it on previous cruises, but we wouldn't have been able to cruise for 3 years afterwards.  We felt cruising more often (2-3x a year) was more important than booking a NS.  That drop in price couldn't have come at a better time.  What fun we had!

Prepare to be totally and completely spoiled.  It was hard afterwards for me to go back to regular ocean view/balcony cabins, but, hey, at least I was on the ship, right?

It's funny, DM and I will stay on the ship for a second week while my sister has to return home.  DM and I will be going down to a VD cabin for the second week that will cost less for the two of us, then the first week in a Neptune costs for one of us.  So I understand totally what you're saying.  We will be spoiled that first week but we may not have the chance to do this again.  

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

It's funny, DM and I will stay on the ship for a second week while my sister has to return home.  DM and I will be going down to a VD cabin for the second week that will cost less for the two of us, then the first week in a Neptune costs for one of us.  So I understand totally what you're saying.  We will be spoiled that first week but we may not have the chance to do this again.  

Yes, definitely go for it.  You won't regret it.

7 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I'm sorry that you lost your DH, but that's a lovely story. And proof that you're more likely to regret  things you didn't do than things you did. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, Alberta Quilter said:

Hi, we are considering booking a Neptune suite on the NS for three adults travelling together.  I currently have an aft wrap suite on hold.  Where does the third person sleep?  On the couch?  Does it pull out into a sofa bed or does one sleep on the full length of the couch?  Does this impede access to the verandah at all?

There were three aft wraps available, one each on decks 5, 6 & 7.  Which one is better and why?  I currently have the one on deck 7 booked.  How fully covered is each verandah?  I was told that deck 7 is larger than the other two.  With three of us, I thought larger would be best.

Thanks for your help!

Three adults one  bathroom?  That's a vacation?    Yikes     🙂

image.png.49d98611451182aee3789d1fd4a9a995.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

2 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Three adults one  bathroom?  That's a vacation?    Yikes     🙂

image.png.49d98611451182aee3789d1fd4a9a995.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Ha ha!  We’ve had 4 adults twice in a Neptune (family members) and it worked just fine.  Not perfect but it’s a cruise in a Neptune suite and all were happy!  

On 8/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm sorry that you lost your DH, but that's a lovely story. And proof that you're more likely to regret  things you didn't do than things you did. 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I, too am sorry about your D.H. but so hsppy you had that special  cruise..

3 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Ha ha!  We’ve had 4 adults twice in a Neptune (family members) and it worked just fine.  Not perfect but it’s a cruise in a Neptune suite and all were happy!  

Well, then in  that case   I am happy for you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Well, then in  that case   I am happy for you

I don’t think I’d ever share it with another couple but it was family and it was so much fun.  Of course WE didn’t have to sleep on the sofa bed or whatever it was called, lol!!