Voice of the Ocean

Scubadoc

Just now, Scubadoc said:

We love the Voice of the Ocean. I had fun and actually won it on the Crown last year. Do they have it on Royal in Alaska?

They do! They have two auditions in the evening and the finale is the last sea day around 4pm!

Our daughter was a contestant in the Voice of the Ocean on the Ruby Princess last summer and had a fantastic time (as did we).  On our most recent cruise (Sapphire Princess in Norway in June) I noticed that it wasn't offered; instead there was something similar (with tryouts) called Princess Popstar but since DD wasn't cruising with us we didn't check it out to see how it differed from Voice of the Ocean.  We did wonder if maybe Princess' contract with the Voice wasn't renewed but that is just conjecture.

They don't do VOTO if they don't have enough sea days during the trip. They need to have one day for song selection/practice with the band/backstage walkthrough, and another day for the actual show. 

They had it on my family's first cruise, a 7-day Mexican Riviera trip, but not on our second cruise, a 7-day California Coastal, that had more port days. Both were on the Ruby, and I've done it on the Emerald as well.

7 minutes ago, Deesquared said:

They don't do VOTO if they don't have enough sea days during the trip. They need to have one day for song selection/practice with the band/backstage walkthrough, and another day for the actual show. 

They had it on my family's first cruise, a 7-day Mexican Riviera trip, but not on our second cruise, a 7-day California Coastal, that had more port days. Both were on the Ruby, and I've done it on the Emerald as well.

The Sapphire Princess cruise I referenced in post #4 was a 14 day cruise with 4 sea days so there was plenty of time.  Has anyone else in the past 2 months had Voice of the Ocean on their cruise?  I'm very curious why the Sapphire had Princess Popstar instead.