Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

21 minutes ago, ktmush2 said:

I had the same experience on the Horizon in April. Atrium bar Funship was great. Tides Bar Funship not so much. I think they used dark rum in the Tides Bar.

Speaking of Funship....what's the difference in a Funship Special and a Pirate Punch? And is the cost the same?

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Speaking of Funship....what's the difference in a Funship Special and a Pirate Punch? And is the cost the same?

Funship has rum, vodka, apricot brandy, and fruit punch

pirate punch has rum, amaretto, cranberry, pineapple, orange juice

Edited by Saint Greg

9 hours ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

Finally caught up on your review. Enjoyed it as always. We were supposed to be on this cruise for my birthday on 8/25 but work conflicts/life stuff and then spinal cord injury problems got in the way. 🙄 Already looking forward to your next one. ❤️

I hate it when those spinal cord injuries get in the way. Hope you’re feeling better.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 12:22 AM, Saint Greg said:

Before I got on the ship I decided to try one of these juici pattis. natchitoches meat pies are much better in my opinion.

A06EA16F-D10E-49DB-B2E4-AC999970E5D5.jpeg

1A3F481D-4A3A-4322-9E04-008FB20E7655.jpeg

40265E31-3FC1-47DF-A50D-EBE13AE701A7.jpeg

Since I mentioned it...this is the Natchitoches (nah-codish) meat pie....spicy.

3DCBFCE8-FA10-429E-B6EB-5D12136F6F82.jpeg

18 minutes ago, BigNance said:

Many of us love it when the Saints win, even up in Philly territory!

😍😍

Really should depend on who we’re playing. If you are an eagles fan you should always go for the afc team against an nfc team. Rams next week...pick a favorite. Cowgirls at the end of month on SNF...be a big Saints fan. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Really should depend on who we’re playing. If you are an eagles fan you should always go for the afc team against an nfc team. Rams next week...pick a favorite. Cowgirls at the end of month on SNF...be a big Saints fan. 

Welllllll now! That sounds like a challenge to me! Greg, I'll wager a Funship Special against one of your favored Alchemy Bar drinks that the Cowboys will beat your Saints by a....a.....a....field goal?  What say you? Any other takers? Only problem is, we'd have to meet up on a ship that sails out of Galveston. 

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

As an Eagles fan and a Saints fan, I always go for those.   

As an Eagles fan and a Saints fan, I NEVER go for the Cowboys, Falcons, Giants.  

And, NEVER EVER the Patriots....

bam.

fire started.

2 hours ago, canes20 said:

Loved following you on your cruise. We are staying at Prytania on the 27th and parking at Fulton. What time do you think we should get to Fulton to get a good parking spot. Does the terminal open at 10:30? Thanks

Just staying one night at Prytania? I think they let you park there for free during the cruise if you stay two nights. Anyway...I usually would try to get to Fulton 30 minutes before I want to be at the terminal. So if you're trying to get to the terminal at 10:30, I would head to Fulton at 10. I think it's open at 10:30. I'm not a D/P/FTTF guy. The earliest arrival time I get is 11:30...So I'm never there before 11. They are always boarding when I get there so I think 10:30 is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a recommendation for somewhere to eat Friday night. Hoping to be checked in by 5pm Friday.

Let me add, my wife only likes grilled chicken or steak but I can eat about anything.

Thanks

Edited by canes20

5 hours ago, canes20 said:

Do you have a recommendation for somewhere to eat Friday night. Hoping to be checked in by 5pm Friday.

Let me add, my wife only likes grilled chicken or steak but I can eat about anything.

Thanks

You're staying at Prytania Park?

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

You're staying at Prytania Park?

Yes sir. My wife is very picky about what she eats so if you have a recommendation that has a good steak or grilled chicken that would really help. I love about anything that could be put on the table in front of me.

5 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Yes sir. My wife is very picky about what she eats so if you have a recommendation that has a good steak or grilled chicken that would really help. I love about anything that could be put on the table in front of me.

Your hotel is not far from a Houston's and from John's Steakhouse on St. Charles Ave. 

You could even walk.

22 hours ago, canes20 said:

You're like right next to Lula's. You may want to check out their menu and see if it'll work for you. The owner there worked at Commander's Palace which is one of the biggest restaurants in New Orleans...where Emeril worked before he opened his own restaurant. Lula's also makes their own vodka, rum, and gin if you're into that.

http://www.lulanola.com/menu/

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Truth6772 said:

Love reading about your cruise. If this has been asked sorry. Did you have the drink package? If so is it worth ir?

I always get the drink package. It’s easily worth it to me. Just the two bloody marys I get in the morning and three alchemy drinks I usually get before dinner pay for the package. Everything else is gravy. It really depends on the person. This is one area where it’s better being solo because I don’t have to worry about someone else getting the package and whether or not it will be worth it for them. A lot of times couples will debate it because one will drink enough but the other won’t. I have had cruises where I drank enough to cover two packages though...my Dream cruises last year were like that.

Edited by Saint Greg