Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, spiritkat090909 said:

I have decided the straw deal is just a Conspiracy to add one more thing to pack and cut cruise-line costs. 

@Saint Greg just curious.....when you went on your submarine excursion, how many plastic straws did you observe down there? 🤔🤔🤔

Great live blog of the Glory.  I will be on her on May 10th.  Staying in New Orleans the day before, so I will try to visit some of the places mentioned in your blog.  Have a great one.

Edited by jhubba
change sail date
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

When did you do the draft ? I was wondering if you did it while on board.

We started the Monday before. Our drafts have no time limits which allows for more pick trading. So we actually finished up when I was in New Orleans. But those last few rounds are pretty much kickers and defense.

• Like 1

Thanks for a very informative review with some good humor. Will be sailing Glory in January 2020. First cruise on Carnival. We are typically Royal cruisers. But this cruise is part of a Dairy Queen convention so Carnival it is. Looking forward to the Alchemy bar, I may need to purchase a drink package.  

• Like 1

Awesome as always - and what a fast disembarkation! I wonder if you would ever consider an interview-type cruise review? I know that Doug Parker on the Cruise Radio podcast frequently invites people to contact him for their take on a particular cruise. Oh, and glad to see that Harry had a good cruise, too! You got some great pics of him.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 1:45 PM, Saint Greg said:

USB lamps. They all that. You can charge your devices while the lights on boyyy.

F193E552-A771-4573-8548-D1CF4402DB88.jpeg

An obscure reference I wouldn't be surprised if nobody got. I'm setting this to start at the 2 minute mark. If it doesn't start at the 2 minute mark, skip to the 2 minute mark.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:45 AM, Saint Greg said:

I don’t think I mentioned it last night but I was successful at Nordstrom Rack. I got this charger for $15. It’s pretty close to mine. Mine has the built in cable is the only thing...which I prefer.

1-AD899-F9-3-FF6-4743-AAAE-22-BEC096423-

From my experience, I don’t recommend using this charger with an iPhone.

I used it in New Orleans and my phone started acting weird. It wouldn’t charge above 86%. I’d power it off and back on, it would be at 93%.

I just got this phone four months ago so there shouldn’t be any battery issues yet. I stopped using that charger and the issue cleared up. 

It was challenging making it through an entire cruise taking pictures of everything I did without a mobile charger. 

Little things that probably went unnoticed like no pictures of the CC M&G...phone was on the charger.

I can recommend the one I’ve used on the three previous cruise reviews which is this one.

Portable Charger Jackery Bolt 6000 mAh - Power bank with built in Lightning Cable [Apple MFi certified] iPhone Battery Charger External Battery Pack, TWICE as FAST as Original iPhone Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6L85CC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_98rBDbGF9R437

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

From my experience, I don’t recommend using this charger with an iPhone.

I used it in New Orleans and my phone started acting weird. It wouldn’t charge above 86%. I’d power it off and back on, it would be at 93%.

I just got this phone four months ago so there shouldn’t be any battery issues yet. I stopped using that charger and the issue cleared up. 

It was challenging making it through an entire cruise taking pictures of everything I did without a mobile charger. 

Little things that probably went unnoticed like no pictures of the CC M&G...phone was on the charger.

I can recommend the one I’ve used on the three previous cruise reviews which is this one.

Portable Charger Jackery Bolt 6000 mAh - Power bank with built in Lightning Cable [Apple MFi certified] iPhone Battery Charger External Battery Pack, TWICE as FAST as Original iPhone Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6L85CC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_98rBDbGF9R437

Were you using Tapatalk or the browser during this cruise? I have been switching back and forth between firefox and chrome, with decent results... 

For the past couple of cruises, I've been switching back and forth between two phones... That way you can always have one "at the ready"... I just picked up a Google Pixel 3 XL as my primary, and will carry my Pixel II XL as my secondary... (The pixel II XL still has better battery life than the new one. And the camera is almost as good...)

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Were you using Tapatalk or the browser during this cruise? I have been switching back and forth between firefox and chrome, with decent results... 

For the past couple of cruises, I've been switching back and forth between two phones... That way you can always have one "at the ready"... I just picked up a Google Pixel 3 XL as my primary, and will carry my Pixel II XL as my secondary... (The pixel II XL still has better battery life than the new one. And the camera is almost as good...)

You can’t use Tapatalk with CC anymore can you? After CC cut off Tapatalk I was still using Tapatalk to host some non-cruise pictures for the review. But they changed it where they no longer give you the link. This time I used post image. I put over 150 images on post image precruise. On the cruise and when I had just a lot of pictures to upload at once (like the WWII museum) I used the CC browser.

As for phones I used an iPhone XS Max this cruise. My three prior reviews were with an iPhone 8 Plus.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eliot Ness said:

Great Review Greg, thanks!  We were on the Glory once back in 2013 and are going again for two weeks in February.

I really enjoy your drink pictures, hopefully Milan or Kat will still be there in February.

They just came on. Last week was Milan’s first and Kat’s third...So I think you’ll either catch them at the end or just miss them. Not sure if it’s 5 or 6 months they do. 

Edited by Saint Greg

19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

An obscure reference I wouldn't be surprised if nobody got. I'm setting this to start at the 2 minute mark. If it doesn't start at the 2 minute mark, skip to the 2 minute mark.

Well I was waiting for someone else to jump on this.   But I guess it's over my head, didn't get the reference???   I have 2 guesses, "Henry" is one but I don't think that's it cause they say Henry before the 2 minute mark   So I'm going to go with the little robot thingy that's moving away???

9 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Well I was waiting for someone else to jump on this.   But I guess it's over my head, didn't get the reference???   I have 2 guesses, "Henry" is one but I don't think that's it cause they say Henry before the 2 minute mark   So I'm going to go with the little robot thingy that's moving away???

In the video, one of the guys says, "You can listen to your music with the lights on, boi!" in reference to a flashlight with AM/FM radio.  Greg wrote "You can charge your phone with the lights on, boi" in reference to bedside lamps with USB ports which is a reference to the similar line in the movie.

Edited by j1d1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, j1d1 said:

In the video, one of the guys says, "You can listen to your music with the lights on, boi!" in reference to a flashlight with AM/FM radio.  Greg wrote "You can charge your phone with the lights on, boi" in reference to bedside lamps with USB ports which is a reference to the similar line in the movie.

Exactly. I don’t know why movie lines pop into my head like that but they do.

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Exactly. I don’t know why movie lines pop into my head like that but they do.

Usually I'm familiar with and really appreciate your movie quotes but didn't know this one.  Or at least didn't remember it.

• Like 1

Greg,

Thank you for the excellent review. 

Wife and I are 75 days out from boarding the same ship and itinerary.

Now I know what to expect! And I don't have to do any more research.

We live in New Orleans, so we just grab an Uber to the port.

• Like 1

Greg, Thank You So Much for doing the Review. I took my God Brother on the Glory in September 2015 for this 23rd Birthday. He got hooked and has since been on 3 cruises. This review helped me get Hyped Up for my Honeymoon cruise in 11 days on the Magic. It was great checking out your awesome pictures!! Can't wait until December when you do another Live Review.

• Like 1