Can kids stay at camp during lunch on port days?

xray328

We are bringing our three year old son with us on the Fascination. One day we planned to do an excursion that he's too young for.  Our plan was to leave him at "Camp Ocean" but after doing some research it looks like "Parents are encouraged to pick up for meal times."   So I'm wondering if he can be in Camp Ocean from 9-4 that day or if that's not allowed because we'd need to pick him up for lunch?  Does camp close during lunch time?  Are snacks offered outside of lunch?  Thanks!

According to my schedule on port days you can leave your kid and they will take them to lunch from noon to one. There is no mention of a snack. I've never done it so I dont have personal experience, but it can be done.  On sea days they dont do a lunch time, parents are responsible for that. 

They will feed your kids Lunch and Dinner.  Camp Ocean also has snacks available for the kids (like goldfish, pretzels, cookies) .. atleast they did a few years ago when my kids were in the little people camps.  They are at the age now for Circle C and O2.

My kids are now Club 02 age but 10 years ago we would leave them in Camp Ocean (or Camp Carnival as it was known back then) and go off on excursions.  They were taken down to the Lido and fed lunch.  You often see a little area taped off for the campers.  They got special things like chicken nuggets versus the regular Lido lunch.  They loved it and were so much happier than joining us.

My caution would be if you are leaving children behind ONLY take Carnival excursions.  The ship will NOT sail until you have returned.  A private excursion and you could wave 'bye-bye' as the ship will not wait. 

Approx 9 years ago we were in Belize and due to traffic our bus got back 30 minutes after what they said the last tender would be.  I knew the ship would wait but I was still so panicked and upset.  The ship specifically waited because of our one excursion and the tender whisked us away when we arrived at the dock.  I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if the ship sailed and my boys were on board without us.  For this reason, I will never take a non-Carnival excursion even though my sons are now always with us (15 and 17) enjoying the ports.    

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:52 AM, xray328 said:

We are bringing our three year old son with us on the Fascination. One day we planned to do an excursion that he's too young for.  Our plan was to leave him at "Camp Ocean" but after doing some research it looks like "Parents are encouraged to pick up for meal times."   So I'm wondering if he can be in Camp Ocean from 9-4 that day or if that's not allowed because we'd need to pick him up for lunch?  Does camp close during lunch time?  Are snacks offered outside of lunch?  Thanks!

You can leave him for lunch during port excursion. They do a taped off area in Lido. I don't recall snacks being offered, but we are sailing in 9 days so reach out after Sept 7 and I can let you know. I have a 5 year old and eight year old. The five year old would be in the same group as your son. 

8 minutes ago, cdm289 said:

My kids are now Club 02 age but 10 years ago we would leave them in Camp Ocean (or Camp Carnival as it was known back then) and go off on excursions.  They were taken down to the Lido and fed lunch.  You often see a little area taped off for the campers.  They got special things like chicken nuggets versus the regular Lido lunch.  They loved it and were so much happier than joining us.

My caution would be if you are leaving children behind ONLY take Carnival excursions.  The ship will NOT sail until you have returned.  A private excursion and you could wave 'bye-bye' as the ship will not wait. 

Approx 9 years ago we were in Belize and due to traffic our bus got back 30 minutes after what they said the last tender would be.  I knew the ship would wait but I was still so panicked and upset.  The ship specifically waited because of our one excursion and the tender whisked us away when we arrived at the dock.  I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if the ship sailed and my boys were on board without us.  For this reason, I will never take a non-Carnival excursion even though my sons are now always with us (15 and 17) enjoying the ports.    

This is true.  Some parents on a DCL cruise  found that out when Disney left them and then charged them for the hourly babysitter used until the parents caught up.