Luggage tag confusion

kaylasnana

The tags I printed out when I completed my on line check in has a place for our name and address. The tags ncl mailed have no place for that info.  I’m thinking I’ll use their tags and just make sure there is another tag that has all our personal info. 

Do this - - - Use the NCL colored tags with cabin number to expedite the handling of your luggage to your cabin.

Also add your own ID tags in case the NCL tags get ripped or torn off.

And in the unlikely event your luggage loses it mind ah er handle place a copy of your eDocs inside each

piece of luggage to help lost & found reunited you with your luggage. This purely OPTIONAL !

If you did not look closely the NCL colored tags have your cabin number but also position on the ship

Forward - Mid-Ship - Aft and Port or Starboard.

Further interest:

When you leave your luggage at the pier with the porter it is consolidated with others with similar colored

tags and loaded into wire rack containers holding from 25-50 or so luggage pieces.

This wire rack is transported by fork lift to the ship and placed inside the ship where a hand dolly fork

device moves the wire rack to the crew elevators corresponding with your cabin location.

Aft goes to the aft crew elevators and so on - - -

The luggage is then unloaded from the wire racks and placed inside the elevators and taken to the deck

your cabin is on and your cabin steward and other crew members then move your luggage to your cabin door.

The volume handled by NCL can exceed the luggage on 15 - 747 jets - that's a whopping lot of luggage !

If you do not take advantage of the Walk-Off with Luggage in disembarking the reverse is done moving all

the luggage from your cabin door to the crew elevators - to a holding area in the ship awaiting the fork lifts

to move it off ship to the claiming areas - again different color tags with priority are used.

Use of the NCL colored tags is highly recommended to speed your luggage along with little or no guess work.

In the interests of personal security a few folks have the name visible thru a flap panel when lifted reveals

the address - whatever method is used having ID about your luggage helps reunited it with you in case of

mishandling loss of cabin tags handle or whatever calamity jane befalls your situation.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kaylasnana said:

I was just thinking the brightly colored tags would be easier for the luggage handlers. The ones I printed out just st say “purple”. 

The color is assigned to the ship. All bags for your ship are purple. There is nothing magic about the color designation. it does not help sorting. It means nothing to the crew.

Use either tag on your bag. The NCL tag is already self-stick, so that may be easier. 

Edited by BirdTravels