Help with Status Match

kidless

I took screen shot from my online account with RCI. It shows my first name, crown & anchor number, status and future booked cruises. They want something with last name. I don’t have any old documents and my paperwork for future cruise only has C&A number not the level. Does anyone know what I need to send and where I’d find? 

5 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Could you send them both the online shot of your C&A status with RCI AND the future cruise info that shows the numbers match? I status matched with Carnival and luckily their online system had both names.

That’s exactly what I just did hopefully it will be enough. I don’t keep old paperwork or sign & sail cards. My husband the pack rat 🐀 is saying.....see!!!

If it isn’t enough I’ll try calling Royal Caribbean see if they can send me something. We do have Carnival but we are much higher level with Royal. 

Ready to book a cruise but want status match first. 

15 minutes ago, kidless said:

That’s exactly what I just did hopefully it will be enough. I don’t keep old paperwork or sign & sail cards. My husband the pack rat 🐀 is saying.....see!!!

If it isn’t enough I’ll try calling Royal Caribbean see if they can send me something. We do have Carnival but we are much higher level with Royal. 

Ready to book a cruise but want status match first. 

You can book and then apply your status match after, that is what I did. Be aware that the status match can take 11 or so BUSINESS days to process, mine took that long and I got antsy! I cant wait to try MSC next year, I am really excited to experience something new. :)

I'm with your husband, I have all my old sail & sign cards. That's the only thing I keep from my past cruises, they are all in a little momento box. Papers, blah, toss 'em!

• Like 1

Both my DH and I  received our status match (Celebrity Elite) in just two days to MSC Black level.  Many months later and only a couple of weeks before the cruise (after we entered the non-refundable timeframe) I received an email saying that my status had been dropped to the lowest level because I had cruised with MSC once back in 2013 and was no longer eligible for the status match because they had recently changed the rules.   My husband was able to keep his Black status because he was new to MSC.

I called Voyage Club because I was confident that this was simply a mistake.  Surely if MSC was going to change the rules, anyone who had their status match would be able to keep it?  Also, why would they punish a returning passenger in favor of a new passenger?  Voyagers Club said they had to change the rules and apply the new rules retroactively because they had a far greater response than they anticipated.  My DH was able to get first tender access, but I was not.  He was allowed priority check in, but I was not... Voyagers Club told me that they were sorry, but I can eat some of his chocolate ship if he is willing to share it with me and I could try to follow him closely in the tender line and maybe we could stay together!  

Regardless, we loved our cruise on the Poesia and the crew were terrific.  Unfortunately, the arm of MSC which is tasked with maintaining passenger loyalty is what has driven us away.  Well done Voyagers Club!

Both my DH and I  received our status match (Celebrity Elite) in just two days to MSC Black level.  Many months later and only a couple of weeks before the cruise (after we entered the non-refundable timeframe) I received an email saying that my status had been dropped to the lowest level because I had cruised with MSC once back in 2013 and was no longer eligible for the status match because they had recently changed the rules.   My husband was able to keep his Black status because he was new to MSC.

I called Voyage Club because I was confident that this was simply a mistake.  Surely if MSC was going to change the rules, anyone who had their status match would be able to keep it?  Also, why would they punish a returning passenger in favor of a new passenger?  Voyagers Club said they had to change the rules and apply the new rules retroactively because they had a far greater response than they anticipated.  My DH was able to get first tender access, but I was not.  He was allowed priority check in, but I was not... Voyagers Club told me that they were sorry, but I can eat some of his chocolate ship if he is willing to share it with me and I could try to follow him closely in the tender line and maybe we could stay together!  

Regardless, we loved our cruise on the Poesia and the crew were terrific.  Unfortunately, the arm of MSC which is tasked with maintaining passenger loyalty is what has driven us away.  Well done Voyagers Club!

Isn’t it that you can do the status match once and to keep this status you must sail again within 3 years? Also if you are in the same cabin you will both get priority boarding and tender. And The complimentary dinner is for both of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Kidless, we used the screenshot view from RCCL showing the first name and status as you mentioned, however I also did a second partial screen shot under accounts where it shows your name and account information. I put both screen shots onto one word document with a notation at bottom of first page showing a continuation to page 2. Had no problem at all, I called MSC a couple days to follow up and they looked it up and completed the status match while on the phone.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, beachluver9 said:

I'm a bit shocked by this, a status match should be a one time deal but if you have never matched before the match should last 3 years, no idea why they would remove it just because you sailed with them before.

Also, it is my understanding that if you travel with a black card holder you will get nearly all the perks with the exception of the chocolate ship and spa visit. I thought you could board together, tender together and even join the black party together.

This is very odd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 8:11 PM, ziggyuk said:

I'm a bit shocked by this, a status match should be a one time deal but if you have never matched before the match should last 3 years, no idea why they would remove it just because you sailed with them before.

Also, it is my understanding that if you travel with a black card holder you will get nearly all the perks with the exception of the chocolate ship and spa visit. I thought you could board together, tender together and even join the black party together.

This is very odd.

Sure was!  What was even more odd was that when I was originally pricing out  the reservation my old MSC log in didn't work nor was my old club number recognized.  I was told that if it is dormant for more than a certain length of time that it would fall off an you would have to start all over again.  Needless to say, this was not a problem since I wanted to use the status match anyway.

I received a email confirmation of my new club number and black status and this is what I booked the reservation under.  I checked with guest services once onboard regarding the tendering and they said that fortunately our cruise would not require tendering since I would not be allowed in the priority tender line because they would have no way to prevent others from joining friends/family who were not entitled.

All in all, it was a great cruise.  Just don't place any value in the status match.  It was all a big gimmick 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:38 PM, Cruise4Jesus said:

Kidless, we used the screenshot view from RCCL showing the first name and status as you mentioned, however I also did a second partial screen shot under accounts where it shows your name and account information. I put both screen shots onto one word document with a notation at bottom of first page showing a continuation to page 2. Had no problem at all, I called MSC a couple days to follow up and they looked it up and completed the status match while on the phone.

I ended up using screen shot off website that does not have last name and a photo of booked cruise receipt that had first/last name, C&A # but not Level. They did match me at last to Gold but it was over three weeks and my TA had to call them.