"Move Up" to Aqua Class question

bookitdanno

Generally people book the desirable rooms so my assumption would be it would be a less desirable location.  We love Aqua Class and dining in Blu.  I would definitely use the Move Up bid option for Aqua if the price was right.

We checked pricing of our Alaska cruise and found CC cabins going for much less than what we paid. We called and asked for on board credit, since we booked online. They declined the on board credit but upgraded us to AC for free. It pays to continually check fares. 

• Thanks 1

To be completely honest, most of the AQ cabins are in poor locations!  I say this as someone who still books them anyway and tries to pick the best of the worst.  I honestly believe they created that category to better sell these cabins as almost all of them are in less desirable locations.  All that said, I have sailed in AQ on many S and M class ships and have yet to have one that was really awful.  A couple have had some pool noise, but it really wasn't all that bad unless you are very sensitive.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:06 AM, bookitdanno said:

If anyone has used the Move Up program to get an Aqua Class cabin,

do they give you one of the poor cabins (under the pool, etc),

or is it just luck of the draw due to cancellations.

Opinions are welcome.

TIA

It's the luck of the draw of what cabins are not already reserved.  I would imagine most of the time they are least desirable as you would expect those that are already reserved chose the best of what was available, but it really is the luck of the draw.

Edited by ShawninFL

The move up bids move people to unsold cabins. Most of those will be in less desirable locations since those are generally sold last. However there will be late cancellations, and those from Aqua who successfully bid on suites. Those cabins may be in more desirable locations. I guess it's a roll the dice, take your chances situation. You could do a mock booking to see what cabins are still available in Aqua Class on the sailing that interests you but, of course, that's no guarantee either.