Epic Cabin 14002 - how is the location?

blueslily

Hello all,

We reserved a guarantee balcony at a great price on the NCL Epic. We were assigned cabin 14002. It is a Family Balcony, B4.  At first glance of the deck plan, I was quite concerned. The deck below has the Bridge Viewing Room. The deck above has the Garden Cafe. I shook my head. Seems like it will be really noisy. 

Yes, I totally understand that booking a guarantee is a risk. No problem. I am not complaining. I just want info from anyone who has experience staying in that area.

Does anyone have any past experience staying in cabins in this area? I did a search online for reviews of this cabin, but I was only able to find one review for cabin 14000 and there was no mention of any noise complaints which shocked me.

Also, anyone know if the balcony for a B4 is a standard balcony, hull, or extended? 

Is there anything that we should know about a B4?

Thanks!

Edited by blueslily

Hey blueslily,

Here is a link with more information:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdpzXy7jy3tkoP_U9Ro5L5Im3jPONPS3MO9wfeXLb80/edit#gid=644796165

The buffet overhangs outward, so that some balconies on deck 14, including yours, are always in the shade.

The noise at night shouldn't be too bad since the buffet closes at 11PM, but opens at 6AM.

I was also assigned a hull balcony for this cruise, in the front of deck 12.

How can we figure out if the bed or sofa is near the door? I saw this mentioned another thread, but, I don't see that same pattern for the B4 category (family balcony, hull balcony rooms).  We prefer the sofa near the door so there is more open space when you first walk into the room, plus that allows more space for using the sink that is also in that area. I can of course NCL tonight after work and watch TV while on hold, hahaha. Just wondering if there is information online somewhere. thanks!

My concern with this cabin would be that it is a privasea balcony.  The privasea balconies on the Epic are the worst in the fleet in my opinion.   If you’re sitting in your chair on the balcony you won’t be seeing much of the ocean.  If it were me I would consider paying to upgrade.  It will look like this.

image.thumb.jpeg.022a6ed2d35267342829609d2e912e46.jpeg

Edited by Oakman58

Thanks!  I will call NCL tonight. We are getting close to the sail date. So, I will see if there are good price drops for other room options. Also, I keep receiving the upgrade email reminder which is an option. Cheapest bid for an upgrade is $50 (mini suite). I will look at the numbers again tonight after work.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

If you aren’t able to change I would consider taking some ear plugs. I haven’t stayed in this room but I am a super early riser and my first stop is alway the buffet and there is always at least 20 other people there. 

Sorry if I am missing something, but why would she need earplugs? Initially i was concerned about noise also because of the garden cafe, but I was told that noise in that location would not be a big issue. Let me know if something was missed for sure.

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

Sorry if I am missing something, but why would she need earplugs? Initially i was concerned about noise also because of the garden cafe, but I was told that noise in that location would not be a big issue. Let me know if something was missed for sure.

I would just take them in case. Better to be prepared just in case!