Negative review not being posted

Has anyone experienced this?  We had a bad recent experience with Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Sea so I wanted to share what happened with the follow cruisers.  I wrote the review 2-day ago but it has not been posted.  The general turn around time is few hours with other review sites (Google, Tripadvisor etc.)  I wonder whether the negative reviews are being censored and filtered to create biased rating for the cruise lines? 

Did you receive an e-mail stating your review had been received?

See post #4 for important information in the thread titled Review Submission Questions - (my review is not showing up) at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2626192-review-submission-questions-my-review-is-not-showing-up/.

Kat  🐱

Yes I have received the initial confirmation for my review submission.  They told me it can take up to 3-day to post the review but it has been 5-day.  I feel quite frustrated because I am battling with Royal Caribbean's customer service centre at the same time and they made me wait for almost 3-week now with no solution either. 

Howdy again @CSAU! emo22.gif

Was your review a "one note" review consisting of JUST your bad experience? Did you cover ALL aspects of your cruise good & bad in detail? Was it JUST a short one paragraph review about your bad experience? Note the highlighted parts of the following Tips for writing a great review shown by Cruise Critic when anyone starts to write and submit a review for publishing:

Here are some tips to help you submit your cruise review.

Please take a moment to review the entire submission form after you've completed each section.

You are now able to save your work at the end of each page; use your browsers back button to return to the previous page.

If you are not already a member of our site, please note you will be able to join upon submission of your completed review.

We look for reviews that are comprehensive in nature — covering all aspects of your cruise in detail. Short, paragraph-long reviews will be returned for posting on our message board forums.

Here's what we are looking for:

• Background Information
  • Travel To Port of Embarkation
  • Hotel Info (if anyStateroom
  • Ship Info
  • Dining
  • Activities
  • Children's Clubs
  • Service
  • Entertainment
  • Port & Shore Excursions
  • Disembarkation
  • Summary

Cabin Review

Note that we are collecting cabin reviews separately during the review process. These cabin reviews will appear in our Deck Plans area on the site. You encouraged to include this information in the body of your review as well.

Port & Shore Excursions

Please indicate how many ports of call you visited on your cruise, as you'll now be able to select them individually from a dropdown during completion of your review. If you find your port is not listed, you may include that port in the body of your main reviews. (Simply use your browser's back feature to to access the main body of your review). Also, help us keep current; drop us a note to add missing ports at: reviews@cruisecritic.com

Please note that we do not publish complaint letters or reviews about one specific issue that may have occurred on board your sailing. We reserve the absolute right to determine what content is appropriate for our site. From time to time, we may return a review to you for update or for further completion

By becoming a member, you hereby grant Cruise Critic the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any content submitted our published member cruise, cabin or port reviews (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

Was your review just a letter to the cruise line? Did you cover a majority of the criteria needed so your review could help other travelers? Please note the highlighted area from the Write a Cruise Review for Publication to Cruise Critic section in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Writing a Cruise Review for Publication to Cruise Critic

We encourage all of our members to Write a Review for publication to Cruise Critic

Here are some great tips to help you write a review on Cruise Critic. Remember, your experiences help other travelers, so we look to publish reviews that cover a majority of this criteria:

" Info about you!
" Hotel information (if any)
" Ship information
" Activities
" Service
" Port & shore excursions
" Cabin
" Dining
" Children's clubs
" Entertainment
" Disembarkation
" Summary

In addition to above tips and criteria we look for publishing your review, Cruise Critic will not publish reviews that contain the following:

" Profanity or threats
" Personal insults
" Reports of violent or criminal activity
" Commercial web addresses, e-mail addresses or phone numbers for promotional purposes
" Full names of ship-based staff members
" Text entirely in ALL CAPS
" Content not relevant to tourists
" Letters to Cruise Lines
" Submissions about a single subject or incident on board (this is not a review, please use our forums for this)
" HTML
" Content that violates our Community Rules of Participation listed on our site

" Please submit reviews for sailing within one year of sail date.

You will receive an email with specific information if your review does not meet our publication criteria.

And most important, please note the following highlighted portions from the Participation of Cruise Lines and Participation of Tour Guides/Drivers, Tourism Website Owners, Property and Business Owners sections in the Guidelines:

• Cruise Line executives, PR Teams, Social Media Gurus and other staff members are encouraged to participate on Cruise Critic forums. After registering, please contact our Community Manager at community@cruisecritic.com to validate your account as "official".
  • Cruise Critic will allow official representatives of cruise line management to respond to reviews written about their ships, either on our message board forums or in a published review. Please contact community@cruisecritic.com for more information about our Cruise Line Response initiative. Responses to published reviews that meet our criteria will be displayed on the Cruise Critic site directly underneath the relevant review.

and

From time to time, Cruise Critic management is contacted by Tour Operators/Guides/Business who request removal of negative posts about their company. You should know that Cruise Critic will never remove negative posts from the boards at the request of any tour company, cruise line, store, shop, taxi company, driver, guide, etc.

As for the negative reviews being censored and filtered to create biased rating for the cruise lines, this is absolutely not true. Only "one note" reviews, "letter to cruise line" reviews or "short paragraph-long" reviews are returned to the member with an explanation as to why the review could not be published. Cruise Critic wants well rounded reviews containing both positive and negative information regarding a majority of the requested criteria as mentioned above.

Hopefully, your review was well rounded and covered a majority of the criteria. Also, the delay in publishing is only due to a large volume of reviews to be processed by the Cruise Critic staff at this time. From my experience, they are processed one at a time and in order of receipt.

Wishing you lots of good luck 🍀 in your review being published shortly! emo34.gif 

Kat 🐱

1. Was your review a "one note" review consisting of JUST your bad experience? No.

2. Did you cover ALL aspects of your cruise good & bad in detail? Yes.

3. Was it JUST a short one paragraph review about your bad experience? No. 

I've seen people wrote less than my review got published.  I talked about the poor customer service on the ship, how they messed up and gave the 3 of us a stateroom with 2 beds and my family ended up being separated to 2 rooms, talked about how few washrooms in the public areas got flooded, talked about how we love the dining room attendant are he is the only reason the ship get more than 1 star, also talked about how the Whitney Houston memoir show is a must see though the stage is tiny, also rated the teen's program as poor.  If I didn't touch ALL points mentioned in your "guideline", it should not be the reason my review cannot be published.  It's a review after all, not an essay pending to be marked by my professor for crying out loud! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CSAU said:

If I didn't touch ALL points mentioned in your "guideline", it should not be the reason my review cannot be published.  It's a review after all, not an essay pending to be marked by my professor for crying out loud! 

Just an FYI — Kat is a member of Cruise Critic just like the rest of us.  She’s been trying to assist you here. The guidelines are not hers, they are Cruise Critic’s. Obviously she posted them in an effort to help you, as they might explain why your review hasn’t been published. If you have issues with the handling of your review, you can certainly email CC’s Community Manager. Also, since you said in your first post that your purpose in writing the review was to share your “recent bad experience,” you can do that right now by posting on the RCI board, which is a very active board and where it will get many views and no doubt comments.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Thank you, Hattie, for the link.

@CSAU Having read your review, I think people would have found it more helpful if you had explained what had happened with your being given a two-person cabin when your booking was for three, what you were told on board, etc.  It’s incredibly unusual for something like that to happen.  Especially for that reason, I still think the RCI forum is a good place for you to bring this up. 

I hope your future cruises are happier. 

13 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thank you, Hattie, for the link.

@CSAU Having read your review, I think people would have found it more helpful if you had explained what had happened with your being given a two-person cabin when your booking was for three, what you were told on board, etc.  It’s incredibly unusual for something like that to happen.  Especially for that reason, I still think the RCI forum is a good place for you to bring this up. 

I hope your future cruises are happier. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I am glad they finally posted my review after 6-day.   I didn't realize Kat does not work for CruiseCruitic and thanks for pointing that out.  I agree it's an unusual experience as we have never heard let alone experience it ever since we started cruising 15-year ago.  It further adds insult to injury when they refused to escalate my concern to someone with authority despite admitting their mistakes.