Charges added in error after final payment?

jsb1015

So maybe this is another NCL computer glitch, but suddenly my online account indicates I owe $298.50 more for my Cruise in October.  I paid in full, including prepaid service charges of $390 on May 28. Final payment was due June 8.

The mixup seems to be with the service charges: my account now has prepaid service charges listed of $688.50,  so the system seems to think I haven’t paid my full cruise balance. 

I have sent an email to my PCC and will follow up with a call as soon as I am able. I feel like I should be able to work this out, but was wondering if anyone had experienced something similar, and how it was resolved.

It happened to me before my June Breakaway cruise.  I didn't use the Free Air so while it could have something to do with it, it's not just that.  Check your credit cards to ensure you haven't gotten a credit back from NCL.  That's what they did to me, 10 days prior to sailing,  I saw a notice on my reservation, fully paid obviously, telling me to complete payment. It is a glitch. I thought they would have fixed it by now. 

You need to call and get this straightened out.  And, BTW, don't let them tell you "it'll be fine, we'll fix it". If they've messed up your payments, the only way to fix it is to pay the money back if they've credited it. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

same happen to us for our october cruise but in reverse... we now have a random credit for $266 and I keep getting emails reminding me to make my final payment.  NCL really needs to get their billing together, consistently a ***** show.  

15 minutes ago, traumarama said:

same happen to us for our october cruise but in reverse... we now have a random credit for $266 and I keep getting emails reminding me to make my final payment.  NCL really needs to get their billing together, consistently a ***** show.  

If you have a received a credit, it means they've messed up your payment and you need to call them to straighten it out.  Next thing you know, they've be saying, "we will be cancelling your cruise/promos if no payment is received". 

I talked to NCL customer service this afternoon and they

were able to correct whatever they had done to my account. I now have a zero balance, my air is ticketed, seats are chosen, eDocs are downloaded, and all is well with the world!

By the way, the customer service agent that I spoke with said she was glad I had called to have it checked out now, instead of waiting until I got to the ship as some folks do. So, if you see something wonky on your account, give NCL a call. My total time on the phone was 19 minutes.

• Like 2

Happened to me on the Getaway this June.  The specific chain of events was that we did not select the Ultimate Beverage Package since neither of us drink.  All fine and good.  However, when we went back and added 12 bottled waters back to our cabin (balcony), the software also added to UBP back on and then we got a demand email next day for the gratuities on the UBP.   We called our NCL TA and she removed the UBP and added the benefit we had selected back on.

A few weeks later, we added a shore excursion, and the same thing happened.  Called our TA again.  At least this time she said someone in the head office had already fixed it.

Our issue was that we didn't want to lose the missing benefit (unlimited Internet, I think) or have our cruise cancelled.