Cruise Insurance to buy or not to buy

maryhou

21 hours ago, Elliern said:

I just looked at insure my trip and it does not cover cruise or air fare if we have to cancel our trip at the last minute for some reason.  Stuff happens when you get old   😊 

The whole point of insurance is to pay you back if you have to cancel for a COVERED reason.  You'd have to prove your illness or injury, and do a lot of paperwork.  As GC says, talk to a broker so you understand what the various policies cover.  I too recommend tripinsurancestore.com. 

Can anybody recommend a specific travel insurance company to use that actually is easy to use if need be? I don’t want a cheap fly by night company. We want the insurance in case we get hurt or if one of our parents has a major medical at home. Thanks for any referrals. I know our credit card has insurance but I want a policy that covers any issue.

10 minutes ago, lucyduck said:

Can anybody recommend a specific travel insurance company to use that actually is easy to use if need be? I don’t want a cheap fly by night company. We want the insurance in case we get hurt or if one of our parents has a major medical at home. Thanks for any referrals. I know our credit card has insurance but I want a policy that covers any issue.

Again,  we strongly recommend working with www.TripInsuranceStore.com

But CALL them; do no rely upon online summaries, except perhaps for a very generalized overview of types of coverages.

They work with several vetted insurers.

Through them, we've gotten policies from Travel Insured.

Lots of people here mention being happy with policies they've *purchased*.

But we have had several CLAIMS, and TI has paid promptly, with no inappropriate demands/etc.

(TripInsuranceStore - Steve, the owner - has occasionally nudged the process along, when we made a claim during a "high claim" period of time, e.g., major hurricane disruptions.)

But the checks, even for large claims, arrived promptly, and that is what matters, after all, with insurance.

GC

• Like 1

Definitely pick up the phone and call.  A few years ago we went to Canada for our vacation and only needed medical coverage because we are now on MediCare.   I called the company we always use because their website had nothing, explained what I wanted, and got medical only coverage for a very  reasonable price.  It was so easy.