Is there any way to retrieve something left on board?

5 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

You regret an entire family vacation over a lost blanket? While I understand the importance of things like this for a child, this is also a great opportunity to teach your child a great life lesson. Bad stuff happens. We must learn to accept and move on. Take your daughter to the store and let her pick out a brand new special blanket.

how many kids do you have? Were any of them attached to a blanket or stuffed animal?There is a reason they are called securiy blankets. no need to judge this family!!

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

No judgement at all. Just logic. What if you lost the blanket at church, in a library,  or the supermarket.  Things get lost.

I think you’re missing the point. I doubt the blanket would’ve gone to church, library or grocery. It’s a blanket that she slept with. She took it on vacation to sleep with it.  Many people have a “security blanket” type of item they sleep with.  It wasn’t really “lost”, it was forgotten in their cabin and too late to be retrieved by them.

DH left a pair of glasses in our cabin and didn't realize it until we got home. He contacted the Lost and Found Dept. and received the glasses soon afterward. Very good customer service.

He works part-time for the cruise ships at the Port of Tampa and if someone realizes they left something in their cabin before they leave the port, but have already retrieved their luggage or already gone through Immigration, they can wait up to several hours for someone to retrieve the item. He's tried to help people who left their phones who were frantic and demanding, but they couldn't go back onto the ship once they debarked and  yelled at DH like it was his fault. These were two different occasions and sure enough it was several hours before their phones were retrieved, still taking their frustrations out on DH and any other ground crew member they could corner. Their lack of responsibility was their own not DH's.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get it back. I know it's hard, but try to separate losing the blanket from the family memories you made on the cruise. Maybe take your child to the store to pick out a new blanket that needs a home! Maybe go to a consignment or Good Will shop letting them know that the blanket was separated from their owner and needs someone to care for it! 

• Like 1