Grand Turk excursions

Tracy_A7X

I'm cruising to Grand Turk in February 2020, and yes I know it's still early, but the lack of excursions listed for that port is frustrating!  For the longest time they didn't have any, then they went up to 12, then 24, and now it's down to 22.  Meanwhile, Amber Cove adds them quite often.  I know they have to work them out with the vendors but I have never waited so long to see excursions listed!  And never mind waiting for Faster To The Fun, lol!  I'm beginning to wonder if they still plan to make this trip....

I know, patience, patience!  Just frustrated.

I don't remember exactly how many our Carnival cruise had- I think 2 full pages on the website and about half a page on the 3rd.

We did the island tour which was interesting, but honestly hanging out at the beach right off the pier with the free chairs was just as much fun.

As for FTTF- if you don't get anything right away, keep checking back. They ended up releasing some about a month before our cruise and I was able to snag them for our family.

Hope you find something you enjoy!

Val

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warm Breezes said:

I think 22 might be how many excursions are offered in Grand Turk.  It is not a big island.  We always just do a beach/Margaritaville day there right off the ship.  

I'm leaning toward that myself!

DH contacted a local island vendor and we now have a golf cart reserved for the day. Neither of us like the big bus tours and prefer to do things that reflect our interests and on our own time schedule. So, we're planning to head along the coast to a less crowded beach, one that has a nice beach bar and avoid the crowds.

Darcy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WatchHill said:

DH contacted a local island vendor and we now have a golf cart reserved for the day. Neither of us like the big bus tours and prefer to do things that reflect our interests and on our own time schedule. So, we're planning to head along the coast to a less crowded beach, one that has a nice beach bar and avoid the crowds.

Darcy

I have read that's the best thing to do there.  

1 hour ago, Tracy_A7X said:

I have read that's the best thing to do there.  

I read that the locals can be quite aggressive and that's not something I'm comfortable with. It's my vacation and I want to enjoy it my way. In addition, I want to see parts of the island, not sit on a hot beach all day and worry about my belongs. 

Darcy

5 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

I read that the locals can be quite aggressive and that's not something I'm comfortable with. It's my vacation and I want to enjoy it my way. In addition, I want to see parts of the island, not sit on a hot beach all day and worry about my belongs. 

Darcy

I would like to see the island since I have never been there....more so than just the port area.  

31 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

We were there this past January and had a blast.  Did not find any pushy or rude people.

We booked the electric hummer island tour and it was awesome.  The guides were great and very knowledgeable...

I would like my own hummer!!

did you drive yourself?

Cost  for the tour ??

Yes we got to drive ourselves.  I of course was the driver in our vehicle.  Although there were many stops where you could swap drivers.

I think the cost was about $100 for the vehicle, not per person.  We thought it was worth every penny!!!

• Thanks 1