Hawaiian Airlines BOS to HNL

millermommyx3

We are cruising on NCL Pride of America out of Honolulu in October.  To get out there we will be taking Hawaiian Air non-stop from Boston to Honolulu.  I know this is a newer flight and since it is 11 hours I sprang for Extra Comfort seats on the window side.  It looks like In Flight Entertainment is comped for this flight but do they really only serve a breakfast and a couple of small snacks for such a long flight?  I would be ok with that but my husband may not be so I am wondering if we should bring something extra for him (I usually pack protein bars for myself and some low cal snacks as I am trying to lose weight).  I know there are things on the plane for purchase and we will have a 2 hour layover in Boston as we will be connecting from Syracuse so he could possibly get a more substantial meal there.  I have checked the HA site and it looks like only a small breakfast and two very small snacks will be served but I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this particular flight and can confirm or deny.

Conversely, we will be taking Hawaiian back and stopping in LAX for the trip home.  That will be about half way for us so is not as big of a deal.  This is a red eye so we will probably sleep for a good portion of that flight.

Does anyone know when HA typically sends out Bid Up emails in advance of a flight?  I am wondering if we will even get one since we are technically booked through JetBlue.

It looks as though Hawaiian Air goes through terminal E.  That's the international terminal. If that's the case, then stay within the secure area - there are ample places to have a meal. I know people like Legal Seafood, IMO, egh. It's at Terminall E and it's connecting to terminal, C.  It's still airport food.  11 to 12 hours on a plane, one option is to grab a sandwich - Pot Belly Pig at Terminal C isn't bad, [you can walk within the secure area to the terminal] at least it's made to order V one of those pre-wrapped things you can grab and go...made a week or more ago. BOS doesn't have any worth while dining venues, some of the worse airport food options I've ever had. That's our closest airport, and sometimes hunger is better than the food options, not to mention the over priced food. 

Jet Blue is terminal C, so you may come in there and have to walk within the secure are to Terminal E.  After you land [your luggage will be ticketed through???] head toward the exit, but stay right and DON'T go through the secure doors into the exit terminal, stay right, beyond the escalators and walk toward the connecting corridor toward Terminal E. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Even if there is plenty of food onboard, it's still airplane food....what if you don't like the choices?  What if you only like one choice but they are out of that by the time they get to you?  For a flight that long I'd take some extra snacks and if you don't end up needing them, consider that a win.

Thanks everyone. I agree that I should bring extra snacks.  I planned on protein bars for myself and will have to figure out what we can get for DH that will be able to keep.   I planned getting some breakfast at the airport anyway (he is happy with any garbage breakfast sandwich he can get at a fast food place). 

@WatchHill I have only had one experience at BOS in the past. Our flight JFK from LAX was diverted there in the middle of the night and rather than wait god knows how long to get back to JFK we opted to rent a car and drive the 4 hours home.  If I recall, the terminal was undergoing a massive renovation at the time (this was a  few years ago).  I assume it's better now.  I looked at the restaurant options at both terminals and the HA terminal.  We will be arriving at around 6:30 am so Legal Seafood may not be an option lol.

DH gravitates toward Wolfgang Puck's or Wallburgers for breakfast before an early flight. I grab a scone at Starbucks, or bagel at Dunkins. All these are in Terminal C. The gates are to the left and right of security, same with shops and food vendors. 

Logan is always under renovation, not the most attractive decor.  At least it's functional - and makes one want to get onto the plane to leave. 

Darcy

• Haha 1