ms Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau August 26, 2019

Scrapnana

1 minute ago, Happily@Sea said:

You called it, Roy. First time all season, drills or maintenance?

I'm going to guess drill, and I hope a short one.  I sure wouldn't want to be doing maintenance in that weather.

Roy

I hope Ryan has his foul weather gear on and the passengers can find something fun and try to do today.  For those on the NA I think it would be a great day to be glacier viewing from the sheltered decks of St. Peter.

Roy

Watching the Juneau web cam this afternoon, the Eurodam's and Nieuw Amsterdam's guests are seeing the kind of weather that I experienced in Ketchikan on my Northbound Westerdam cruise.  All day rain of varying intensity and rather cool; many, including me, stayed on the ship.  I booked the Hydrotherapy Pool/Thermal Suite Pass for the week and expected on most port days I would have the facility almost to myself.  Didn't happen in Ketchikan, but the pool and thermal suite were not overcrowded even then.  

We had good weather in Juneau and Ketchikan, in fact all the cruise, except Icy Strait Point, Where it rained off and on.  Poor old Anchorage was having a bad time with a huge forest fire nearby.  Very smoky - I thought we would be using the foghorn as we left, but I didn’t hear it in our room.  My eyes stung for two days after.

thanks, all.  See you tomorrow.