Sunset veranda on westbound transatlantic?

red919

I'm considering upgrading to a sunset veranda (or C1 concierge aft veranda) on my upcoming fall westbound transatlantic.  I've never had an aft view cabin and from photos I've seen, it looks wonderful. 

I don't mind the longer walk to the elevators or more pronounced movement during rough weather but what I do worry about is will I have a issue with too much sunlight.  One thread mentioned this to be a problem as they had to keep the curtains closed most of the day as the cabin got so hot and as I would be traveling westward, figured I could definitely count on lots of morning sunshine as it rises in the east but don't want to be blinded most of the day. 😎  Am I worrying for no reason?

Thanks for any input and if you have a favorite aft cabin on a favorite deck, please let me know!  :)

I doubt that you'll be bothered much by heat for most of a fall TA. In any case, the cabins have AC, which normally functions as it should. If you face aft, then you shouldn't have any direct sunlight into the room after noon. If you have an issue with early morning sunlight, close your drapes before going to bed.

• Like 1

Watching the wake is awesome.  Go for it.  Is it M class or S class?  On the M class it is very convenient to go up to the Oceanview by the back stairs, grab some lunch and then enjoy it on your balcony.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Watching the wake is awesome.  Go for it.  Is it M class or S class?  On the M class it is very convenient to go up to the Oceanview by the back stairs, grab some lunch and then enjoy it on your balcony.

It's an S class.  Wish they had aft stairways as well. 

Edited by red919