Wine Pairings at Fahrenheit 555

fabby50

Hello!  I was looking at a copy of the menu and I noticed a line at the top that they offer 1/2 a glass of wine as a wine pairing for each course for $18.  Has anyone tried this?  How are the pairings and the wines?  I know little about wine and I've found doing this educational at land based restaurants.

Thank you!

never heard of this, we go to the Steakhouse at least twice a cruise. However, we would not do the wine pairings because there are a few wines we do not like. We don't drink sweet wines, ports, or some chiantis. 

Edited by coevan
sp
  • Like 1

Here is the link to the article I was reading.  It is a review of the new menu with photos and a copy of the menu where the wine pairings are listed.  I hope the address works.  After I post this, I will go back in and test it.

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-steakhouse-review-and-menu-2019/

Edit:  seems to work.  Don't drool on your computer :)

Edited by fabby50
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this. The article was just 3 months ago, so hopefully (whether it's new or not) it is at least current info. It is also in a weird place on the menu - could easily be missed! Maybe why we haven't heard any chatter on it, who knows?

On 8/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, fabby50 said:

Hello!  I was looking at a copy of the menu and I noticed a line at the top that they offer 1/2 a glass of wine as a wine pairing for each course for $18.  Has anyone tried this?  How are the pairings and the wines?  I know little about wine and I've found doing this educational at land based restaurants.

Thank you!

I found it right away when I saw the menu too, and think it looks interesting.  Unlike COEvan, we mostly drink sweet wines - which aren't known for enhancing the meal 😉 Trying a few different wines, that supposedly are paired with the ordered course, seems like a good fit for us if we opt to try the steak restaurant on our next cruise.