6 for 5 canned soda package

DBSDSS

Can we purchase the 6 cans of soda for the cost of 5 cans package while we are on board?  I know we can purchase soda at each port and bring on board, but might be easier to simply purchase 6 can soda packages, during the cruise, as needed.

I was wondering the same thing.  I purchased 6 cans to start our cruise as we have 2 sea days, but then I plan to buy some in our first port, Sitka.  Even with Alaskan prices, I think that will cost less than the 6 for 5.

Looks like you were just on the Grand.  We are on the 9/13 sailing.

Yes, we were just on the Grand to Alaska.  Had a great time and weather.

Purchased some 20 oz bottles of soda in Alaska and Victoria to supplement what we had to start the cruise.  We paid about $3 per bottle for what we purchased in Alaska.  That is close to the $2 per can that Princess is charging in the 6 for 5 promotion.  If we can buy on board, probably easier and the way we go in the future.

5 hours ago, DBSDSS said:

Yes, we were just on the Grand to Alaska.  Had a great time and weather.

Purchased some 20 oz bottles of soda in Alaska and Victoria to supplement what we had to start the cruise.  We paid about $3 per bottle for what we purchased in Alaska.  That is close to the $2 per can that Princess is charging in the 6 for 5 promotion.  If we can buy on board, probably easier and the way we go in the future.

You're right about it being easier.  Maybe I'll buy 6 more cans.

I have ordered soda both in advance as well as ordering after on board ship.  Both work equally well.  The only problem with either function is that room service requires that you be in the room to sign for the soda.  I wonder if that procedure will change with the Ocean Medallion.  We'll find out for ourselves in 61 days, but who's counting!

Need some clarification.....on another thread I read one can order a .375l bottle of liquor for cabin delivery both pre-boarding and after departure. We normally have ordered pre-boarding, but it's nice to know I can order more if needed once under way.

Above I read one cannot do the same with soft drinks. That seems a little odd to me. I guess I'm either belly-aching or asking for confirmation from someone who has tried to do both on the same cruise. We're booked on the Crown, Grand and Ruby. I understand I can bring soft drinks with me when I board; that's not the issue. Thanks. 😎

Doug

36 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Need some clarification.....on another thread I read one can order a .375l bottle of liquor for cabin delivery both pre-boarding and after departure. We normally have ordered pre-boarding, but it's nice to know I can order more if needed once under way.

Above I read one cannot do the same with soft drinks. That seems a little odd to me. I guess I'm either belly-aching or asking for confirmation from someone who has tried to do both on the same cruise. We're booked on the Crown, Grand and Ruby. I understand I can bring soft drinks with me when I board; that's not the issue. Thanks. 😎

Doug

You can order soft drinks through room service. It's in the booklet - it's called "canned soda package" in the room service booklet - it just doesn't specify that it's 6 cans for the price of 5 - but it is.

1 hour ago, meatloafsfan said:

You can order soft drinks through room service. It's in the booklet - it's called "canned soda package" in the room service booklet - it just doesn't specify that it's 6 cans for the price of 5 - but it is.

Thank you much for the quickly reply. I thought we had done that on a prior Princess cruise but could not remember.

Doug