9/1 Breakaway Cancelled

Ryanv

13 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

I think the key here is sail whenever you want to or can afford to, but be mentally prepared to accept that hurricane season may mean itinerary changes or more, and winter sailings your travel to the ship may be hampered by weather.  If you can't deal with these things, as clearly some of our posters can't, then choose another vacation.  I suspect I know PTC Dawg would just order another bourbon and roll on. 

BOURBON....

26 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

For a vast majority of people it isn't financial restraint. Most people can't go down 2-3 days early because they have something called "LIFE" going on. That could be work, kids in school etc. I've seen airports closed for 48 hours. If you sail on a Saturday most people will fly down on Friday after work and stay overnight before they sail out. Just because some people don't have any life obligations doesn't mean that we can all fly down 2-3 days in advance.

Every season has it's challenges. Telling people not to cruise during hurricane season is idiotic.

Whatever.  I  didn't stop  people from cruising on Breakaway  this week. Dorian  did.

Mother Nature:  1               Humans:    0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

No. Doesn't serve them  right. But if you book a  cruise in the CAribbean in Sept.;  don't be shocked if it gets cancelled.  I  know that is difficult for you to understand....but to most it is just common sense. Just one more thing that can  go  wrong.

I'm not sure who is shocked cruises were canceled.  The issue is the way it's been handled by NCL, and not updating passengers timely.

• Like 5

We always sailed in late Sept / early Oct. Twice in the last ten years, our cruise was affected - once we went to the Bahamas instead of Bermuda, and once the port was closed, so we had to reschedule for November. We rolled with it, and totally understood the risks (and bought insurance). But every year, I'd be checking weather two weeks out for when these things form off of Africa. 

This year, because I am running for a local office, we cruised in May instead, and it was nice to not "check" for hurricane activity weeks out. We'll continue cruising in May.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone who was booked on the Breakaway for 9-1-2019 received any compensation from Norwegian?  When something like this happens, the cruise line normally issues credits for future cruises.  I have spoken with others that were booked for 9-1-2019 and they said they received nothing from Norwegian.  So the cruisers had to pay for their airline fares to Miami to board a ship that didn't show up.  I could not believe that Norwegian did not issue future cruise credits to compensate cruisers for the cancelled cruise.

13 minutes ago, Capt Krunch said:

Has anyone who was booked on the Breakaway for 9-1-2019 received any compensation from Norwegian?  When something like this happens, the cruise line normally issues credits for future cruises.  I have spoken with others that were booked for 9-1-2019 and they said they received nothing from Norwegian.  So the cruisers had to pay for their airline fares to Miami to board a ship that didn't show up.  I could not believe that Norwegian did not issue future cruise credits to compensate cruisers for the cancelled cruise.

We didn’t receive anything other than a full refund. No credits or discounts for future cruises. In my eyes it was a bit pathetic.