My Time Dining Wait Listed on Allure? (10/6-10/13/2019) +1 other question

gammite

We just booked this cruise a few days ago (got a great price on a OV balcony) and unfortunately got wait listed for My Time Dining.  We are confirmed for Traditional 8pm dining.

However, yesterday when I went into the cruise planner to schedule some activities and see about any Labor Day sales I noticed that the planner let me schedule My Time Dining.  So I scheduled the formal nights.

Below you will find a brief description of the items you have reserved.

DAY 6
11-Oct-2019
Cruising

My Time Dining
07:15 PM

DAY 2
07-Oct-2019
Cruising
My Time Dining

Our cruise documents state our dinner time as  "8:00 PM*"  I have no idea what the asterisk means.

My question is that given that the online planner let me schedule My Time Dining and I got email confirmations does that mean that we now have MTD?

Also, and I am sure i know the answer to this.  I just want confirmation.  Because the website kept crashing when I was trying to book I had to call RC.  A "Certified Vacation Planner" told me that we would get double points for booking a OV balcony.  I specifically asked her to clarify as I was under the impression that only JS and above got double points.  She assured me that we would get double points for the balcony.  I let it go not believing her.  But I did some research and of course came up empty handed.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

7 minutes ago, gammite said:

We just booked this cruise a few days ago (got a great price on a OV balcony) and unfortunately got wait listed for My Time Dining.  We are confirmed for Traditional 8pm dining.

However, yesterday when I went into the cruise planner to schedule some activities and see about any Labor Day sales I noticed that the planner let me schedule My Time Dining.  So I scheduled the formal nights.

DAY 6
11-Oct-2019
Cruising

My Time Dining

DAY 2
07-Oct-2019
Cruising
My Time Dining

Our cruise documents state our dinner time as  "8:00 PM*"  I have no idea what the asterisk means.

My question is that given that the online planner let me schedule My Time Dining and I got email confirmations does that mean that we now have MTD?

Also, and I am sure i know the answer to this.  I just want confirmation.  Because the website kept crashing when I was trying to book I had to call RC.  A "Certified Vacation Planner" told me that we would get double points for booking a OV balcony.  I specifically asked her to clarify as I was under the impression that only JS and above got double points.  She assured me that we would get double points for the balcony.  I let it go not believing her.  But I did some research and of course came up empty handed.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Unless there is only one person booked in that OV balcony cabin, you don't get two points per night.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gammite said:

Can anyone help with the MTD question?

Very likely that if you can make MTD reservations you are in MTD. The mention of 8PM is probably just a remnant of previous booking. I would confirm ASAP on board the first day.

14 hours ago, gammite said:

Thanks for the feedback on the points. I figured as much. 

Can anyone help with the MTD question?

Don't fret about it now...just go to the MDR kiosk once onboard & inquire about what you have & if it isn't what you want...they will change it. No worries. 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Very likely that if you can make MTD reservations you are in MTD. The mention of 8PM is probably just a remnant of previous booking. I would confirm ASAP on board the first day.

thanks, that is what i was thinking.  i will make sure to confirm asap.

i was hoping to board later in the day to avoid the crowds.  hopefully it works out.

35 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Don't fret about it now...just go to the MDR kiosk once onboard & inquire about what you have & if it isn't what you want...they will change it. No worries. 

i usually sail freedom class ships.  and MTD was not guaranteed when trying to switch once on board.

is your experience with oasis class ships different?

1 hour ago, gammite said:

i usually sail freedom class ships.  and MTD was not guaranteed when trying to switch once on board.

is your experience with oasis class ships different?

Have never sailed on an Oasis class.... but it’s the same fleet wide... just go to the MDR as soon as you board the ship & verify or change your dining choice. No worries. Easy peasy on any ship, I promise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Switching is very ship/sailing specific (not class) - it all depends on how many people have signed up on that particular sailing.

so given that i am able to book MTD dates and times in the cruise planner how likely is it that you think i actually have MTD even though my cruise documents still say 8pm?

Edited by gammite

Just now, gammite said:

so given that i am able to book MTD dates and times in the cruise planner how likely is it that you think i actually have MTD even though my cruise documents still say 8pm?

I don't think anyone has ever reported being able to make MTD reservations and being denied of that on the ship.