Grand Turk with 3 Ships?

coffeeboy77

Has anyone ever been to Grand Turk with 3 ships in port.

I was very surprised to see 3 ships are sometimes being scheduled for this port.  When we started going there, we were generally the only ship in port.  The last two times we’ve visited Grand Turk, we were the second of two ships to arrive and it was very crowded.  It’s hard to imagine 3 ships and being enjoyable.

I recall there only being two berths at a single dock, correct? Or am I missing something.  Is there a third berth or do they tender in?  Hard to imagine this being an enjoyable destination with 3 ships...how do they spread the people out?  

8 minutes ago, coffeeboy77 said:

Has anyone ever been to Grand Turk with 3 ships in port.

I was very surprised to see 3 ships are sometimes being scheduled for this port.  When we started going there, we were generally the only ship in port.  The last two times we’ve visited Grand Turk, we were the second of two ships to arrive and it was very crowded.  It’s hard to imagine 3 ships and being enjoyable.

I recall there only being two berths at a single dock, correct? Or am I missing something.  Is there a third berth or do they tender in?  Hard to imagine this being an enjoyable destination with 3 ships...how do they spread the people out?  

What ship and date are you scheduled for?

And what are the other 2 ships you see scheduled?

October 22, 2020.  Breeze, Sunrise, and Radiance are all scheduled.  I know people will say just stay on the ship, but we really do enjoy the port days.  Unless I’m missing something, I consider this a lost port and probably won’t, book unless I’m missing something here.

15 minutes ago, coffeeboy77 said:

October 22, 2020.  Breeze, Sunrise, and Radiance are all scheduled. 

Breeze is scheduled to be there at 8am to 5pm

Sunrise is scheduled to be there 9am to 6pm

Radiance is scheduled to there at 11am to 6pm

There is a small tender pier near the main ship pier, the Radiance might tender people to the pier like what they usually do for the smaller luxury ships that sometimes stop at Grand Turk.

Edited by shof515

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

There is a small tender pier near the main ship pier, the Radiance might tender people to the pier like what they usually do for the smaller luxury ships that sometimes stop at Grand Turk.

Thanks. Wow, sounds like a lost port. I’ve never seen a tender operate here and I’ve never noticed the small tender pier. 

• 3 months later...

Update...Carnival has adjusted the schedule of the Breeze so it will no longer call on Grand Turk on October 22, leaving only the Sunrise and Radiance in Grand Turk on that day...good news.

On another note, this post was moved to the Grand Turk board. Very few views in over 3 months.  My opinion is if you are truly looking for timely help or opinions, find a forum with more traffic.  Happy cruising!