Minimum age for RCI booking

Gidday.

Have a large multi generational group headed on Voyager of the Seas out of Sydney in March 2020 booked.

Just wondering if anyone has booked a cabin either solo or with say, a younger sibling, for someone who is 18?

I note that in the Terms & Conditions that ANZAC sailings have a minimum age of 18 to book a cabin but the website told me 21 is the minimum when I tried to book.

Anyone experienced this and how did you solve it?

BTW, the cabin wont be close to the parents as that area is booked already.

Thank you.

TraceyG 😀

1 hour ago, dandtgeddes said:

Gidday.

Have a large multi generational group headed on Voyager of the Seas out of Sydney in March 2020 booked.

Just wondering if anyone has booked a cabin either solo or with say, a younger sibling, for someone who is 18?

I note that in the Terms & Conditions that ANZAC sailings have a minimum age of 18 to book a cabin but the website told me 21 is the minimum when I tried to book.

Thank you.

TraceyG 😀

You are booking directly on RC website by the sounds of it.

I believe it’s 18 in Australia or NZ and 21 in the US is the minimum age of one of the people that has to be in a cabin.

Call  them and talk.

Or try a online agent.

Edited by Chiliburn

Thank you!

Figured I was up for a telephone call, yay...

Also, having difficulty booking a cabin for 1, already have a cabin for 1 booked, no, these 2 not inclined to share.

RCI website determined to make me use the telephone, LOL.

Thanks again fellow CCs!

TraceyG😃

There has to be one person in the stateroom ( unless the rooms are connected) that is 18 or older if the others are minors,  ie under 18, for cruises from Australia.Pretty  sure  that it would follow that an eighteen year old should be able to make a booking.

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s a US based company.

I n the US you can buy a gun ,drive a car,go to war  but you are not a reasonable adult until you are 21.

And don't get caught trying to smuggle a Kinder Surprise into the country.

2 hours ago, dandtgeddes said:

Thank you!

Figured I was up for a telephone call, yay...

Also, having difficulty booking a cabin for 1, already have a cabin for 1 booked, no, these 2 not inclined to share.

RCI website determined to make me use the telephone, LOL.

Thanks again fellow CCs!

TraceyG😃

Tracey, the RCI website is notorious for being a long way short of functional.  It is not uncommon for you to be able to search and find several different documents with totally opposing information.

Phoning the company can be a bit similar.  If you get the US hard line, ask to speak with someone else.

39 minutes ago, banzaii said:

And don't get caught trying to smuggle a Kinder Surprise into the country.

I m trying to comprehend why in the US they don’t allow kettles in the cabin?

Its the land of coffee in the morning,why don’t they allow kettles?

8 hours ago, dandtgeddes said:

Gidday.

Thank you.

TraceyG 😀

Hi Tracey,

By calling the call centre, we were able to book a balcony cabin for ourselves and and a solo interior with virtual balcony for our son who will be 13 when we cruise on Ovation of the Seas. The two cabins are VERY close to each other and they stated they would only allow this arrangement when cabins are so close together. I hope this helps.

Thank you all for your replies 😀

I will make the call to sort the booking, although, like some of you have said, I too have had varied success with what one can and 'can't' book via the call centre.

Another thing I have to watch is the currency, frequently have to correct the RCI Call Centre staff who try to charge me in AUD when my cruise is booked and Cruise Planner states NZD.

Seriously find the CC boards a big help!

Considering holding off the additional cabin booking until the VOTS Amped refit as there are new cabin areas opening up, might see if DD is keen for one of the new cabins.

Thanks again, happy cruising all.

TraceyG😀