Transition Gold to Platinum status

carol louise

Congratulations!

We go Gold on our cruise next month, similar situation.
Currently have 21 days, so this will push us into Gold halfway through!

Cupcake is looking forward to the pin (it really is the little things, you know!)

Have fun and enjoy your perks!

1 hour ago, carol louise said:

I am currently a Gold-status past Carnival cruiser within 3 points of Platinum. I am booked on a 9-day cruise next year. Is it true I will have the perks of Platinum on that cruise? How will that work? Will we have priority boarding? 

Thanks.

Look on your luggage tags, they also will say priority. Enjoy the priority boarding and all the other perks.

20 minutes ago, carol louise said:

Thanks, all, for the good news and wishes, and congrats, Chervil! One more thing: my new husband (married last year) is cruising with me, and has no current status with Carnival. He will enjoy the same perks too as my cabin-mate, right?

Some of them.  He will not be invited to the Platinum/Diamond Reunion.  Of course, the louts will tell you not being invited doesn't matter.  He can't use the Priority line at GS without you.  He won't get the gift or the free drink.  You can put his clothes in your laundry bag.  

37 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Some of them.  He will not be invited to the Platinum/Diamond Reunion.  Of course, the louts will tell you not being invited doesn't matter.  He can't use the Priority line at GS without you.  He won't get the gift or the free drink.  You can put his clothes in your laundry bag.  

Thanks, Elaine. That makes sense. He rarely drinks, basically is just happy to be cruising with me (not caring about a gift), we would hope not to need GS—just glad he can board with me and get some clothes washed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carol louise said:

Thanks, all, for the good news and wishes, and congrats, Chervil! One more thing: my new husband (married last year) is cruising with me, and has no current status with Carnival. He will enjoy the same perks too as my cabin-mate, right?

Thank you!

According to the Carnival Website:
If a guest is sharing a cabin with another guest in a different level (e.g. a Platinum and a Gold), how will benefits apply to the stateroom?
Benefits are meant to recognize individual members and are therefore not transferable to travel companions.
https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/kw/VIFP

However most people we have talked to, they were given the same recognition as far as boarding, etc.

Our adult daughter shared a suite with us last cruise, and it was her first cruise (so she had a blue card)
She got the "perks" of being a Red level (free bottle of water) so I am sure he will get to share at least some of the benefits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chervil said:

Congratulations!

We go Gold on our cruise next month, similar situation.
Currently have 21 days, so this will push us into Gold halfway through!

Cupcake is looking forward to the pin (it really is the little things, you know!)

Have fun and enjoy your perks!

I agree. I'm a pushover for the little things. I'm excited to be turning platinum on my December cruise. I've been following the threads about the platinum gift as if it were the most important thing in my life!!!😊

I just booked the cruise I turn Platinum on a couple weeks ago--Nov. 2020.  I hope they don't change the amount of cruise days needed between now and then.  But that's a long way off for that not to happen, considering so many of us are turning Platinum.  

9 hours ago, carol louise said:

I am currently a Gold-status past Carnival cruiser within 3 points of Platinum. I am booked on a 9-day cruise next year. Is it true I will have the perks of Platinum on that cruise? How will that work? Will we have priority boarding? 

Thanks.

Yes