Meeting Place at Amsterdam Airport

My son and I will be flying to Amsterdam for a cruise.  Since we are flying from different cities, we will need to meet up to get an Uber to go to our downtown hotel.  I understand that Schipol is an easy airport to get around; but is there an easily identifiable place to meet there near the airport exit?  Thanks for any assistance.

After you exit the airside area of Schiphol, you will arrive in Schiphol Plaza. Schiphol Plaza has an official signposted meeting point, but also lots of shops and places to have a drink and/or bite to eat. Schiphol also has free WiFi. So if I were you, I would pick a nice place to sit down with a drink/coffee and contact your son using the free WiFi to tell you in what restaurant/café you are exactly.

• Like 1

The Schipol meeting point used to be very obvious - it was a massive red and white chequered cube. However, it has been replaced by a more conventional meeting point sign, which is a shame!

https://news.schiphol.com/where-shall-we-meet-at-schiphol/?

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

21 minutes ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

The Schipol meeting point used to be very obvious - it was a massive red and white chequered cube. However, it has been replaced by a more conventional meeting point sign, which is a shame!

https://news.schiphol.com/where-shall-we-meet-at-schiphol/?

Thank you so much.  That is perfect!  A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

That meeting point is right in the middle of the very busy Schiphol Plaza. It’s crowded with people running right past you with luggage carts. It’s okay to wait there for a couple of minutes, but I would never sit there for hours to wait for someone. It’s very uncomfortable and you will have to keep an extremely close eye on your belongings at all time, because a bag is easily snatched in the crowd. It’s much more comfortable to wait for your son in the nearby Starbucks or one of the other restaurants that are very close by.

16 minutes ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

That meeting point is right in the middle of the very busy Schiphol Plaza. It’s crowded with people running right past you with luggage carts. It’s okay to wait there for a couple of minutes, but I would never sit there for hours to wait for someone. It’s very uncomfortable and you will have to keep an extremely close eye on your belongings at all time, because a bag is easily snatched in the crowd. It’s much more comfortable to wait for your son in the nearby Starbucks or one of the other restaurants that are very close by.

That makes sense.  Our flights are only a half hour apart if on time. 

2 minutes ago, scottbee said:

Given the meeting place is actually at the top of the escalators to the railway platforms, why don't you just take the train into downtown Amsterdam ?  it's the fastest and cheapest way into the city.

I had originally planned on doing that; but was concerned about taking the train with luggage.  I also read some posts that said it could be rather slow.  Since I am arriving on a Saturday morning, I would think the train would be less crowded.