VOOM question- Accessibility

I am trying help one of the other parties cruising with me in December to determine the most cost effective way to purchase their drink packages and VOOM if only one of the party may be using any internet at all.   

Once we board in Tampa, can they still access any wifi at the port or use local cell towers OR will they need to use VOOM once we board?  

42 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

I am trying help one of the other parties cruising with me in December to determine the most cost effective way to purchase their drink packages and VOOM if only one of the party may be using any internet at all.   

You will need to call to buy one combo (drink +VOOM) and one drink only package. 

I personally prefer to buy them separately.   Last cruise, we were able to purchase the 2 device surf & Stream at a 55% discount  bringing it as cheap as I ever saw it, plus it doed not tie down my beverage package to the combo deal.  Last cruise I cancelled and repurchased my bev packages 4 times to get better pricing.  Make sure you keep an eye on the planner during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend

dp

Edited by dpostman

Leaving from Tampa you should have access to data from local cell towers until you're past the Sunshine Skyway bridge, so at least 2 hours post sailing time.    Port Tampa is right in downtown Tampa, so there's ample coverage for most carriers.   

We just purchased the VOOM for one devise.  Price was fairly cheap. $13.49/day.  We leave next Saturday and I am monitoring it for any price drops. Not doing the drink package as it's too high at $49.00/person.  Still watching though.