Beer Sampler

BearPenn2010

19 hours ago, BearPenn2010 said:

Will be sailing on the Sunrise in 3 weeks...Does anyone know if the Red Frog Pub offers a Beer Sampler...

Yes they do.  Currently on the Sunrise and my DH had a sampler yesterday.  Think there were 4 types, one he didn’t love😂

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, drafterdw said:

Is beer sampler included in Cheers or do we need to just order each one 5 minutes apart.

Samplers (called flights) are small servings of beer, usually 3-4 ounces.  You don't pay individually for each brew in a flight.  Thus for Cheers, it's one price for all 4 beers chosen.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Samplers (called flights) are small servings of beer, usually 3-4 ounces.  You don't pay individually for each brew in a flight.  Thus for Cheers, it's one price for all 4 beers chosen.

I do know what a flight is I'm really asking if you can order under Cheers Drink Package or do we just need to try each beer one at a time.

4 minutes ago, drafterdw said:

I do know what a flight is I'm really asking if you can order under Cheers Drink Package or do we just need to try each beer one at a time.

That's what I have to do in a full size glass. I find the little sippy cups of beer is not enough to get a good idea of if you'd like it or not. After I've tried all of the beers in the flight, I let my wife drive home. 🥂

15 hours ago, drafterdw said:

You order a flight ex Cheers, you get it for 1 price, not 4. You are drinking 12 oz of beer total, same as a single bottle or draft.   Why would they charge you for 4 samples?

We have not had cheers before, are having it this time. I know there are several things you can not use it for but feel the flight is a grey area because it is same size as one full beer. I was not suggesting having to pay for 4 mini beers. I guess I will just wait & ask when we are on ship.

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

I thought Cheers only gives a discount on the price of the flight. Or am I getting confused with another line’s beverage package?

There is a 25% discount on wines and spirits above $20 and same on wine and champagne by the bottle.

The package rules on beer simply say "beer (including self-serve beer stations - PYOB) ...up to $20 per serving.

Price wise a flight is less than $20 and one flight is considered 1 serving. (beer servings can be up to 16 oz.)

On 9/10/2019 at 2:44 PM, drafterdw said:

Is beer sampler included in Cheers or do we need to just order each one 5 minutes apart.

I looked at the rules and while they did not specifically address flights or samplers, I remember them not being covered on previous cruises (rum sampler, alchemy martini tasting).  If you don't want to pay separately for the flight you would need to order 5 minutes apart a full glass/bottle of whatever you are having.  If there are 4, that would count toward 4 of your 15 so you might want to just purchase the flight separately (should only be 1 drink if counted).

7 hours ago, drafterdw said:

We have not had cheers before, are having it this time. I know there are several things you can not use it for but feel the flight is a grey area because it is same size as one full beer. I was not suggesting having to pay for 4 mini beers. I guess I will just wait & ask when we are on ship.

I agree it is vague and you might get different answers from different ships/servers.  Since you use the term "we" I am assuming a spouse.  My husband and I are fine tasting each other's drink, and if you are then each of you could get a different one 5 minutes apart and only be getting 2 drinks each.  While the rules do prohibit sharing, I doubt that if both parties have Cheers it would be considered sharing.  If it feels odd though, again you could just purchase the sampler separately from Cheers.

7 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I thought Cheers only gives a discount on the price of the flight. Or am I getting confused with another line’s beverage package?

Cheers discounts bottles of wine and eligible drinks that are in excess of $20, plus seminars and classes.