Bliss: Best place to eat when you first board?

Project-College

Agree, Taste or Savor is the best choice for sit down dining. It does not open until 12:00. We were onboard at 11am and went to Observation Lounge and got some great seats. They have small lunch buffet there . Remember, there are additional port taxes added to any drinks you might have while in Seattle, before sail away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Project-College said:

Was there a Burger place by the pools?  On Breakaway it was called 'Uptown Grill'

When I checked... there was no such thing on Bliss?

Also, I thought not all places are open until sailing out?

The complimentary Uptown Grill closed several years ago. It was replaced with a for-fee Margaritaville restaurant. 

We we always go to Taste/Savor for a nice quiet lunch. If you are not that hungry, the Observation Lounge serves a light meal and is often (initially) overlooked by the masses. 

On Escape in July, 2018, my group of 6 went to O'Sheehans (Local on Bliss) as soon as we boarded and had a fun lunch. Service was slow but we ordered a bunch of different stuff and had our first drinks so it was a successful start to a great week.

Sailing Encore coming up in January with our Aunt and Uncle and since my wife, daughter and I like to board early, we'll hit up the Observation Lounge first and wait for them. Some snacks will definitely be in order. Then, the plan is to have a proper lunch in Taste/Savor.

Finally did the MDR on my Epic trip last year and it was as lovely as everyone raves about. Probably the last peaceful moment of the entire trip. My friend who was a first timer was really in awe of the service and meal selections. We happened to time it right and were the first to be seated. Was one of the best memories of what ended up being an insane spring break cruise - not for us. We are young professionals but the service we got made it clear the staff assumed we were southern sorority sister 😞

5 hours ago, LaCal said:

Local will have the smallest crowds 

True if you board fairly early. I think more and more pax are "discovering " The Local.

By the time were we finishing up it started to get busy.

Your menu choices looks just like ours😂😂, adding the corned beef though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

True if you board fairly early. I think more and more pax are "discovering " The Local.

By the time were we finishing up it started to get busy.

Your menu choices looks just like ours😂😂, adding the corned beef though.

we always head for O'Sheehans which is the Local on some of the ships: We love to grab our first meal and have our first drink while watching people getting on the ship. It has become our tradition and a great way to start our vacation. 

• Like 1