Live: Passau to Budapest 9/12-9/24 Viking Hermod

NJBeaglemom

Thanks to everyone for all the wealth of information I found on river cruising here. Most of my questions were asked before, so I was able to find answers. We have only done Ocean cruises, so this will be a new experience for us. 

We leave Thursday to fly to Munich for a pre-extension to Munich and Salzburg. This will be a first as well since we have never paid for a pre-excursion . We usually just fly in a couple of days early and do things on our own. However, we will be traveling with a group of 10, so we just went with what everyone else was doing. We actually only know 4 of them. 

We got the Viking Air Plus so we could pick our flights - Philadelphia to Frankfort then Munich, with a good layover. 

Hopefully, the internet will cooperate and I can do a live report as we go. I will try to include a few pictures as well.  I also have a travel blog. The link is in my signature. There is no sign in required and you can view it without creating an account. 

Nancy

Viking has kept us so busy I haven't had a chance to post. Munich is a lovely city with very friendly people. Viking gave us a wonderful guide-funny, very entertaining and educational.

Neuschwanstein (sp) Castle was amazing. It was a picture postcard day to view it.

First blog is up.

Nancy

Edited by NJBeaglemom

Blog is current up to Monday. Internet has been giving me a few problems and yesterday we were gone all day.

A few observations:

Lovely ship, great crew.

We have enjoyed the excursions thus far.

Food: My husband is a Vegan and they are doing a great job with food for him

No issues with water levels

My only complaint is the mattress is way too hard and being in an aquarium class room while cruising is  noisy. Make sure you have earplugs. 

N-