Worth calling "O" for questions on excursions

carlsbadguy

Hard to answer that one.  Personally, the only times I have called Oceania on my own were when I was having problems with specialty dinner reservations and I had an extension number for a very helpful person.  From what I have read here over the years the regular customer service people haven't been all that knowledgeable.  Perhaps that has changed by now.

I have always found the tour descriptions at the website to be sufficient for our purposes.  We have usually booked private tours with others on our roll call but since oLife tours came into play we have used them -- it depends on the price, which keeps going up.  When oLife was new it was easy to find a few tours that would have cost more than the fare surcharge.  These days that surcharge is much more and so it may not be so easy to find using the tours cost effective.

When the tours for my cruise haven't been available yet (we have oftened booked a year or more in advance) I have often found tour descriptions for similar itineraries that are already up at the website.

But how much time can you waste by calling?  If you are told it will be a long wait, hang up.  Likewise, if it's clear that the person on the other end of the line isn't helpful, hang up.

Good luck.

I would think the Customer Service person probably doesn't have any more information than the description gives. I would ask here, you might get lucky and someone has been on that specific tour recently.  

• Like 2

A good suggestion.  That way you can also get the responder's impression of the worth of the tour ... which may be hard to value, but it's helpful.  Then again, if OP wants to know about every port ...

More specific questions could be very helpful here.  OP mentioned wanting to know about specific tours but we don't even know where he will be.

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Nidec said:

I emailed them asking about prescription goggles on the snorkel excursions and they replied within 48 hours

Wondering....were the goggles available?

32 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

32 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Not for the excursion we booked, it varies depending on the provider.

We will wear disposable contacts under plain goggles,  should be okay for 1 hour snorkel

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Nidec said:

Not for the excursion we booked, it varies depending on the provider.

We will wear disposable contacts under plain goggles,  should be okay for 1 hour snorkel

Wearing contacts under plain goggles worked a treat.

Was disappointed with the actual excursion though, 2 staff for 27 guests isnt what I consider a safe ratio for snorkeling. My wifes lifevest had a puncture, we mentioned this and were told they were more for easy identification than for safety- not reassuring! 

Edited by Nidec