My first move over (move down really) offer

donswife

I got an e-mail (in triplicate!) from Princess reservations at 7:45pm titled Move Over Offer, for the 3 day Royal Princess coastal sailing this Saturday.  They offered $100 refundable OBC per person to move from a ME mini suite on the Aloha deck to an undisclosed deluxe balcony. We don't think it is a good offer, because we paid more to have a mini suite.   I did e-mail the contact given, and said we would do it for $200 OBC per person.

I got triplicate of the same e-mail again at 8:40pm. No response yet to my counter offer. Stay tuned.

25 minutes ago, donswife said:

I got an e-mail (in triplicate!) from Princess reservations at 7:45pm titled Move Over Offer, for the 3 day Royal Princess coastal sailing this Saturday.  They offered $100 refundable OBC per person to move from a ME mini suite on the Aloha deck to an undisclosed deluxe balcony. We don't think it is a good offer, because we paid more to have a mini suite.   I did e-mail the contact given, and said we would do it for $200 OBC per person.

I got triplicate of the same e-mail again at 8:40pm. No response yet to my counter offer. Stay tuned.

donswife, I like your style. 👍

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

A moreover would be giving up the cruise for a future one.

IMO that was a lousy offer.  

I agree, but that is what they titled it, and yes, it was a lousy offer. That is why I countered!

• Like 1

If they really want your cabin, the offer would be 100% refund of the cruise cost (must still pay the fees), not just $100 per person.

I assume the cost difference between the cabin you have and they one they offer is more than $100/person.

16 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

A moreover would be giving up the cruise for a future one.

IMO that was a lousy offer.  

Don't know what a moreover is but it sounds more like a lessover if you are offered a worse cabin.

When I had a similar offer yesterday it was headed Cabin Assignment.

29 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Don't know what a headed cabin assignment is. 🤔

Email headed "Cabin Assignment"

Cabin Assignment Offer 
Romero, Lucia (PCL) <romero@princesscruises.com>
Tue 9/10/2019 1:59 PM

Hello Mr. Griller

We have an offer for you on your booking for September 13, 2019 25days Transatlantic, if you were flexible to move into an inside stateroom Cabin A204 we would give you $200 per person of onboard credit plus Free Gratuities for both guest. Please be advised this is a completely voluntary offer so if you wish to stay in your current cabin, you are more than welcome to do so. This offer is based on cabin availability and while space allows. All offers are first come first serve. This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342  

Relocate to Cabin A204 and receive:    

w  $200 per person of fully refundable onboard credit

w  Free Gratuities for all guest in the Stateroom