Inside or balcony?

Petoonya

Just now, Petoonya said:

I said "thanks" three times in my last post. As I've said thanks in my posts several times in previous posts that say we've made up our minds.

It says to me that some people are obviously not reading the thread. If you read the thread you'd see how many times I've said thank you.

I'll take Motown Voice's advice to heart and just stop reading.

And again thank you very much but we've made up our minds.

How about stop responding, each one is worse than the one before.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:24 PM, Luigi007 said:

You mentioned noise protection: I found that my cabin on Deck 9 of the Norwegian Bliss was extremely silent. I never heard any noise from the neighboring cabins, or from the one on top. When the sea was rough and the ship rocked a bit more, there were some structural pops. For the two nights when it happened, I simply used a pair of foam ear plugs and slept like a log.

we are considering mini's above  the cavern club, cigar lounge,  and of course there's the water front.  wondering about noise from them as we normally arent up late at nite

It is ultimately your choice based on cost....however, Alaska was the one cruise where a balcony was optimal and added to the cruise experience in Alaska exponentially.  We cruised Alaska on Princess, so not sure if NCL does it the same way....but we entered Fjords and Bays very early in the morning and there was a Naturalist on board whereby you could just go out to the balcony without needing to get dressed to hear and see the glory of it all and hear the Naturalist piped in on the speakers on the balcony.  It was beyond amazing....the ship would enter the Fjord/Bay and it didn't matter what side of the ship you were on because the ship did a 360 degree pivot (turning in a still circle) right where it was for ALL sides of the ship to be able to view.  It was one cruise where I would never consider anything less than a private/standard balcony.....it was half or better of the experience and just incredible.  To each their own...but this is our 'take' in response to your question.  It is well worth the extra $$ many times over!

Edited by buddylover

I loved my balcony for our cruise to Alaska.  We spent a lot of time there, as well as on deck.  We were lucky, I suppose, as the temps were fairly warm, even with a moving ship, and there was no rain.  We took warm clothes, light weight jackets and rain gear and did not need it.

Don't worry about the inside cabin.  You are saving money for the excursions.  Alaska excursions are very expensive.  We found the balcony was too cool to sit out on for our Alaska cruise.  So we ended up not using it a whole lot.  

Happy cruising! 

• 4 months later...