Cooling gel in Bermuda from The Pharmacy

Ponygirl2005

In June when we were getting back on the Escape, crew members had cold towels soaked on water and some kind of cooling gel.  They said you can get it at the dockyard at the Pharmacy.  We forgot the name of the stuff.  Would anyone, by chance, know what I'm talking about?

4 hours ago, CookieShip said:

I thought those were a nice touch on our cruise after a long day out in the sun, I didn't know there was anything in those besides cool water. 

We really enjoyes that cooling feature!  It is some kind of menthol gel.  They said it was available online.  Would love some for tolerating the heat at an event this weekend.  I may improvise.  

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, mediterian newbie said:

Hi I’m wondering if you can tell me how large the balcony is on the escape cabin 9314 since you were in 9316? Same size or smaller like 9312?

Kicking a year old thread may not get you an answer but here's what I can find :classic_happy:

Screenshot (67).png

Your actual question is: is 9314 a normal sized balcony, yes it is. 

Only the last balconies are different, as seen on this photo:

Screenshot (68).png

Note that not all dividers are fully in place, I highlighted some with green to show them.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

On 9/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, Ponygirl2005 said:

In June when we were getting back on the Escape, crew members had cold towels soaked on water and some kind of cooling gel.  They said you can get it at the dockyard at the Pharmacy.  We forgot the name of the stuff.  Would anyone, by chance, know what I'm talking about?

Maybe it was  a product called BioFreeze or the local equivalent of the product.

52 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Maybe it was  a product called BioFreeze or the local equivalent of the product.

Biofreeze is great, although more for muscle strain?

To the OP, did NCL provide the cooling gel or was it individual crew with personal use?

The cold towels are iced and wet, there's nothing added to that on any cruise line to my knowledge (and why should they, cutting corners if they can) so in my opinion it's either some mass product (at an way more affordable price level than Biofreeze or similar :classic_biggrin:) or was done by the discretion of ship management/hotel staff/whoever. Not criticizing your claim or experience in any way, it sounds like a nice gesture but it seems not a standard operation procedure like others said. 

edit: trying to keep this thread on track LOL :classic_blush:

Edited by FreestyleNovice