m s c drydock armonia

mets

33 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Just off 09/09 Armonia cruise - dry dock is late November 2019 - staff all seem to be aware of it - cruising out of Tampa early December - cruises now on web site. 

Thank you for posting that Cellfree! I shortly found out about the dry dock after I originally posted and couldn’t find the thread! Glad someone was able to give updated information. 🙂

On 9/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, cellfree said:

BTW had a great cruise on the Armonia. Will highlight a few things in a day or two. Any questions, happy to answer if I can. 

My Wife and I are seasoned cruisers, have mostly sailed Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and have been sailing since 1997.  We are set to sail on Armonia on 10/7/19.  Staying in one of the two very front, forward section aurea suites.  We are not "Foodies" so-to-speak, as we eat lite most of the time, but how was the overall food & drink quality and the food & drink service?  Is the Ship easy to maneuver getting from the forward to the aft area restaurants, etc.?  How is the entertainment overall in the theater and the lounges,  etc.?  Does the ship have decks in the aft area with tables and chairs where you can eat your meals and/or just watch the wake of the ship?  How is the relaxation experience in the pool and whirlpool area?  How were the ship sponsored shore excursions, and did you go on the Big French Key Excursion in Roatan?

We found the ship very easy to navigate.  Decks 5 & 6 are most of the interior public areas.  Since you are Aurea, you will be assigned La Pergola restaurant, deck 6 aft on starboard side. 

enhance

enhance

enhance

The specialty restaurant, Sure & Turf is on the port side aft:

enhance

enhance

Looking at the stern of the ship, you see an area covered with a tentlike structure.  That is deck 6 behind La Pergola and Surf & Turf.  There are tables there, but I don't know which restaurant uses them or if they are shared.

enhance

enhance

All of those areas on the stern are public.  The topmost is outside the buffet and has tables.  The others seemed to aquire loungers at times, not sure from where...

enhance

I went out on the port side the morning of our second visit to Cozumel (we were on the extended Dorian cruise) and someone had fancied sleeping outside...

enhance

WE love music, and thoroughly enjoyed the shows in the theater.  Singing, dancing, acrobats, a little bit of juggling...  The food is good, not great.  Some things they do better than others.  Our cruise had 1100 'Americans' and 900 'Europeans', generally speaking.  We thought the European women dressed up a lot more in the evenings than most of the 'Americans'.  Not just on  the elegant nights.  EM

Entertainment is live in all venues with possible exception of the disco.  We spent our evenings in the White Lion Pub, just behind the theater, as we were watching the US Open tennis.  They had two TV channels,  ESPN & ESPN2.  The other channel usually had soccer, but sometimes baseball.  The Bar del Duomo always had a band and singer.  White Lion had a singer/keyboard and she was good.  WE didn't do any excursions.  EM