Are shore excursions ever on sail ??

downundermatt

I’ve never had an offer, but others have reported emails with sale prices (10% reductions typically), but these were only for a couple of days.

Uktog has also mentioned a discount if you buy 3 excursions. I’ve never seen this myself. Hopefully she’ll see this post and confirm how this works.

When we were on Journey last year, we could book three excursions for our  Pursuit cruise this year and save 10%. Whilst they had no details of the forthcoming excursions, as long as I registered interest  I received the discount when they came on line.

11 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

When we were on Journey last year, we could book three excursions for our  Pursuit cruise this year and save 10%. Whilst they had no details of the forthcoming excursions, as long as I registered interest  I received the discount when they came on line.

Thanks, tiggertom. Where did you see the offer - was it in your Voyage Planner?

Not sure, I think we attend a preview of future cruises and the excursion discount was one of the selling points. We then went to the land excursions desk and asked if the discount would apply to excursions on cruises already booked and he said it would. He gave me an email address for a colleague in Miami who I contacted and registered interest. He emailed once the Pursuit excursion were available and I booked them through him. 

17 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

Not sure, I think we attend a preview of future cruises and the excursion discount was one of the selling points. We then went to the land excursions desk and asked if the discount would apply to excursions on cruises already booked and he said it would. He gave me an email address for a colleague in Miami who I contacted and registered interest. He emailed once the Pursuit excursion were available and I booked them through him. 

Thanks for that. I’ll add this into the Tips for Azamara Newbies topic/spreadsheet.

Be careful we asked last cruise on Journey and were told categorically no so better wait and get Bonny to confirm when she returns. 

Also if they cancel the excursions we heard a guest who had a refund reduced to take account of them now only having 2 trips so they were repriced. 

Whilst the manager onboard Journey was amenable to help her front desk staff weren’t as flexible 

12 minutes ago, uktog said:

Be careful we asked last cruise on Journey and were told categorically no so better wait and get Bonny to confirm when she returns. 

Also if they cancel the excursions we heard a guest who had a refund reduced to take account of them now only having 2 trips so they were repriced. 

Whilst the manager onboard Journey was amenable to help her front desk staff weren’t as flexible 

Thanks for that uktog - I’ll amend the Tips topic and spreadsheet accordingly so it says that you may be able to get it. Can I just check - are you saying that you couldn’t get the 10% discount, or that you couldn’t get it applied to excursions that were already booked.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

The second but also (although I report this second hand) if you did have it and they (not you) cancel your third excursion you  do not get a 10% discount on a substitute.

I tried to to set up bookings for our November trips and the brochure they sent to our room had lots of errors including telling us all the tours in St Lucia were tours of the ships dining room. 

To be honest as I have indicated elsewhere the LD operation continues to exasperate and if I did not have obc I would not touch it with a barge pole even though as I reported yesterday we did enjoy a good (but expensive) cooking trip in Barcelona 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

The second but also (although I report this second hand) if you did have it and they (not you) cancel your third excursion you  do not get a 10% discount on a substitute.

That is just not right . . . as in unfair!

They cancel what you have booked in good faith and you are unable to apply the 10% discount to a replacement booking!

10 hours ago, uktog said:

I tried to to set up bookings for our November trips and the brochure they sent to our room had lots of errors including telling us all the tours in St Lucia were tours of the ships dining room. 

I have often seen glaring errors in Land Discoveries Brochures, usually including land tours on sea days, or tours in a country on the other side of the world!

Like you, I don't visit Shorex unless we have a surplus of OBC.