Booking next cruise while on board

debnjoe1438

Does anyone know if you book a future cruise with NCL while onboard if there are any perks such as free upgrades or discounts? I do know about the Cruise Next Certificates, I purchase them every cruise. I was told by someone they thought if you booked while on the a cruise you could get free upgrades. I don't remember ever seeing this, however I wasn't planning on booking a future cruise while onboard.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, llcruisers said:

On my last cruise, I purchased cruise next certificates and booked our next cruise.  We paid BF category and got upgraded to BA category.

Did this exact same thing. At the time they were also doing a “double up” promo where you could use 2 CruiseNext carts on balcony and above... another NCL “limited time offer” that’s still going. 

5 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

Whats the deal with CruiseNext?  What does it do for you, and what benefits do you get from it?

You are prepaying deposits on a future cruise with some limits on how many $.  They are a good discount off of the face value though generally it's a $500 purchase.  You can save $250 if you buy $500.  And some other perks as noted above.  You have about 4 years to use them, you don't have to commit to a specific future cruise when you buy.

1 minute ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Because they give you $250 OBC which offsets the $500 cost of the certificates.  Basically a $250 positive and a $500 negative.

I see.  and you can't roll over OBC, right?  use it or lose it?

I got mine for 190.00.   I had some extra OBC in my account when I got mine. Lol.  

Should have booked another cruise thought.   I just hate wasting time at customer service/cruise next counter while in a cruise.  Lol.  

9 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

OOoooh I get it now.  I was thinking you were handing over a card for the certs, so the OBC was throwing me.  Seems like it would be a good deal if you plan to cruise with Norwegian again.  

Agreed, and if you have onboard credit from booking or your TA like we did last time, it is almost free money off your next cruise (we had $200 OBC from booking, so got $500 in cruise next for $50)

• Like 1

If you book on the ship, is the reservation then transferred to a random PCC at NCL?  We always use a TA, but are thinking of booking B2B2B cruises while we are on the Bliss next month, if we can get upgrades in the category.

1 hour ago, azcruise said:

If you book on the ship, is the reservation then transferred to a random PCC at NCL?  We always use a TA, but are thinking of booking B2B2B cruises while we are on the Bliss next month, if we can get upgrades in the category.

Nope, you can transfer to your own TA or keep the reservation for yourself.

Can I buy cruise next certificates on board and use them right away to book our next cruise? Going first time NCL in late october and considering a cruise in january, but will not book untill I have the cruise next certificates (and experienced the ship), so might book it while we are still on board

1 hour ago, joern said:

Can I buy cruise next certificates on board and use them right away to book our next cruise? Going first time NCL in late october and considering a cruise in january, but will not book untill I have the cruise next certificates (and experienced the ship), so might book it while we are still on board

Yes you can.