Regal Princess MDR Menu Questions

Janie001

If we are doing a back to back on the Regal Princess (first leg 5 days, second leg 10 days), is it likely that the MDR menus would repeat?  I.e. would the menu for the first night of each leg be the same and so on?  I am just trying to decide what day(s) to book a specialty restaurant.  I do know that I can book on board, but I prefer to pay as much as I can prior to a cruise before I embark.  I am also assuming if I book in advance and need to change it I would be able to that?  We have not sailed Princess before so advice appreciated.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Janie001 said:

I do know that I can book on board, but I prefer to pay as much as I can prior to a cruise before I embark.  I am also assuming if I book in advance and need to change it I would be able to that? 

Yes, you can change to a different day/time.

The suggestion to buy OBC and wait to book when on board is a good one for several reasons:

1) even if you know what the menus are NOW, there's no guarantee they'll be the same THEN.

2) booking pre-cruise limits you to the times you can book. If you wait 'til you're on the ship, you can choose exactly the day/time you want.

3) on the first night, ask the head waiter to see all the menus for that leg, then you can pick the day you want to do the Specialty restaurant.

• Thanks 2