Actual time at port?

RobertHemsley

Hello,

I've attached a screenshot outlining arrival and departing times for an NCL cruise.

I'm confused as to what times you would actually leave and get back on the ship?

As you can see it states:

• Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.
  • Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing

So you would only get 2 hours at some of these places?

aaa.PNG

The two hour rule applies on embarkation and disembarkation days (and usually on disembarkation day it is a lot less than that).

On port days, you will get off at around the stated arrival time and all aboard is 30 minutes before departure.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

They really need to re-word that page, it causes SOOO much confusion and posts here.

Bottom line - pay attention to the dailies (all-aboard will be listed there), the info signs as you leave the ship and SHIP TIME!  Sometimes the ship will run a different time than the port, all-aboard is based on SHIP time, not PORT time.

• Like 1

I have seen all aboard times for ports that were 1 hour prior to sailing sometimes, and I have seen last minute adjustments such as staying an hour later. Watch your daily the day before to be sure of the times on your sailing.

I see people warn about ship time vs. local time a lot.  Every cruise I have been on (10) has changed time zones to match local time. Pay attention to the notices in your cabin when this happens, and warning - the ship's clocks may not change! I told the customer services desk one morning that all their clocks were wrong. They were all updated 5 minutes later.

For every cruise, I look up the local time zones for departure, return, and each port for the dates of the trip. Look up whether Daylight savings time is in effect, or is observed or not.  If you make local arrangements, be careful and ask them what the port is telling them the arrival and departure times are and make plans accordingly. If their times match the ship itinerary times, you are good.  If they are different, that's a warning.

I've been on cruises that left in EDT, went to AST (same as EDT), went to EST (1 hour back), to CST (1 hour back), to EST (1 hour forward, not two, because EDT changed to EST while we were away.)