September 9 Armonia Review Written

cellfree

cellfree, my wife and I are set to sail on  Armonia in a Fwd Area Aurea Suite on 10/7/19.   how was the food & drink service overall?   How was the entertainment in the theater and lounges?  It is my understanding that after each passenger checks in for debarkation at the Port in Miami that you then have to add your credit card to your ship pass card at a kiosk somewhere in the Ship's Reception Area?

Because you are in an Aurea Suite you will be assigned a different Dining Room but I would think the menu is the same. We had Early Seating in Marco Polo and had excellent servers. We enjoyed the food and could always find something we liked. (I had one tough steak and our server immediately noticed and brought me another choice.) The evening shows are at either 715 or 900.  Both shows seemed to be well attended, full from what I could tell. They are very good, we thought one had “sound” trouble, we did attend all of them. Drink service was very good, we have no complaints. In Miami you do check in as on any other ship and are given your card for access to your cabin. You have a couple days (we did it right away as everyone is heading to the buffet) to add your credit card info, there are kiosks on both Deck 5 and 6 to do this. And if you have not signed up for the Cruise Critic event do so. It is very nice and Captain and Officers will be there to greet you. 

• Like 1

Oh yes, the buffet is considerably smaller than other ships we have been on. It is lovely and choices are good but smaller and as a result fewer tables. It is very crowded during peak hours. On day of embarkation we ate just outside the buffet area by the pizza station as everyone was so intent on getting to the buffet. The ship does have adequate outdoor seating but it was very hot so underutilized. I am wondering if during dry dock they intend to enclose some of that seating or cool it down somewhat with fans, etc. 

13 hours ago, cellfree said:

Oh yes, the buffet is considerably smaller than other ships we have been on. It is lovely and choices are good but smaller and as a result fewer tables. It is very crowded during peak hours. On day of embarkation we ate just outside the buffet area by the pizza station as everyone was so intent on getting to the buffet. The ship does have adequate outdoor seating but it was very hot so underutilized. I am wondering if during dry dock they intend to enclose some of that seating or cool it down somewhat with fans, etc. 

when is dry dock?

On Tuesday September 17 I wrote my review of September 9 Armonia sailing, I did it in the Cruise Reviews section, as of today, six days later, it is still not posted.  I now understand why most people write “reviews” in the Boards section, it is immediate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

On Tuesday September 17 I wrote my review of September 9 Armonia sailing, I did it in the Cruise Reviews section, as of today, six days later, it is still not posted.  I now understand why most people write “reviews” in the Boards section, it is immediate. 

You will probably appear in the Thursday presentation of the top four reviews of the week.  It does take a while for them to post.