Silver Shadow 9/22/19

CruisinPashmina

Lost luggage upon arrival in rainy Venice. Not feeling very well, but not really sick. Broken pipe in middle of first night. Beds got soaked, help arrived within minutes, and we got moved to another fully ready cabin. Now the bright side: the usual warm happy SS atmosphere. Greeted with hugs by familiar, lovely crew. My three beautiful adult daughters are having a fabulous time. The food is wonderful, all the wines are good..some are outstanding.

While I still love the very Italian furnishings, and feel,  it really is time to give this ship an extensive make over. I just hope they will choose to cheer up the stark greys and browns now on the newest ships with at least some color.

We are now in Kotor tied up to the pier about 100 steps to an entrance at the massive city walls. There are two mega ships at anchor..a Princess and a Holland America. I’ve been here before so I’ve decided to watch the scene from above the fray. An acquaintance just returned to the ship and said the little city was jammed with folks pushing and shoving. No thanks! Perfect sunny, slightly breezy weather for lunching and relaxing outside.

and...for those who know how much of a Trivia enthusiast I am...Two firsts and one second.

• Like 1

Thanks for update -- but too bad about the broken pipe.   I always think if you don't have an "incident" on the cruise - what is there to talk about when you get home?

Hope you have good weather for remaining days  - and good luck on Trivia.

Dusa

Hi Cruisin Pashmina

Nice to know you are once again on the High Seas!!  Do hope your missing luggage did turn up and you have the full complement safely installed in your cabin, and pleased that you have your three daughters with you, I am sure you will all enjoy.

How fortunate we all are, in having visited so many of these ports before, Kotor must be utterly unrecognisable, now it is a run of the mill destination.  I was lucky when I was there in June, as I had organised a private trip up into the mountains, had a fabulous day and didn't see another English speaking tourist!

Obviously you have struck lucky with your Trivia Team, and congratulations, keep up the good work - lots of lovely prizes to be had don't forget!!!! How about asking for a Silver Pashmina as a prize???!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo