First Timer Star Class on Anthem

Midway7934

Our Feb 2020 (Bahamas/Coco Cay) cruise to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary will be our first time in Star Class with our own butler (Genie). We have been Sky Class several times, and had a butler on celebrity.  Could some of you who have been lucky enough to enjoy this experience give me some heads up as to what I can expect on Royal. Let me add that my husband is blind and has been for many years. We love cruising and have been blessed with the ability to enjoy life to the fullest. My husband has so enjoyed the help and attention the crew members provide us both. I have already been offered an early chance at cabanas, but have not been contacted by my butler as the cruise is a ways off. I am used to taking care of all the details for our cruises. I notice that dinner reservations are open for this cruise. However, if I make any for specialty restaurants, the charge goes on my credit card. All these restaurants are included in  Star Class. I am in need of some guidance from real people like you, not RC reps who sometimes give different answers. So, thanks for reading this novel and please pour in the info.

Sailing in star is different than anything else you have done.

You don't worry about reservations....when you talk to your Genie via email tell them what/where/when they will take care of it all.

The cabanas in the suite area at Labadee don't show up in the cruise planner, you book them as well when you talk to the Genie.  Cabanas at CocoCay are still kind off a grey area since right now there isn't a suite specific area and everything can be booked in planner.  I am hoping when South Beach Coco Club opens with the over water cabanas that is what will become a suite first area that you can book through Genie/Conceirge

What room are you in on Anthem...we've Star there twice....if its one of the loft suites....they are quite a walk from the elevators 😉

We are 10324, a loft. My husband is doing this for me. I know the elevator arrangement on Anthem, but love the ship. We will be having a wheelchair placed in the room for long trips to the pool or concierge lounge. Àlthough, at 72 

I am an active walker, my husband has some difficulty. The great thing is, my sister and gentleman friend are in 10322. She is 10 years younger and can push a wheelchair if necessary. Which leads me to ask, can the genie make reservations for four? I know my sister (she is sky class), will have to pay any specialty fees, but can the butler make the reservations for the four of us? Also, can my husband and I have dinners from any of the specialty restaurants. delivered to the room? 

1 hour ago, Midway7934 said:

Which leads me to ask, can the genie make reservations for four? I know my sister (she is sky class), will have to pay any specialty fees, but can the butler make the reservations for the four of us? Also, can my husband and I have dinners from any of the specialty restaurants. delivered to the room? 

Yes, the Genie will save seats for your group at shows, especially since it a smaller one.  You are correct, your sister will have to pay for her meals at the pay venues but your Genie will make the booking for you all.  

As for speciality dining in your cabin, at least on Oasis Class, they can deliver it to your room.  Just a heads up, your entire meal comes at once, so your main will be cooling as you eat your apps.

We are in 10324 over Thanksgiving and I know you will enjoy the room.  Just don't worry about booking anything and when you get your e-mail from your genie tell him/her what you want and they will have everything set up.  We always give a dinner time as we like to eat earlier but usually let them choose the day and restaurant as we do not care which day of the cruise we eat at which restaurant.  You will have a wonderful time, the genie will make sure you do.