Solarium pool

What time is the solarium pool and hot tub open till? Is it open later due to the fact it is for adults only?

Open 24 hours daily except for whatever time is required for cleaning. When it is closed the outside pool or hot tubs are open.

Just a little tid bit for you... I don't know if RCCL changed the age on all of their ships... but when we were on Rhapsody in Sept. They had reduced the age to 16 and there were small children there also.

Mind you I have nothing against children... I have a few of the little darlings' myself... I just wanted a little quiet time to read a book and swim a little... NOT happening at that Solarium Pool.

Thanks for the info....most kids are still in school in april though, so it might be slightly more adult orientated. We all have to remember though that we were all kids at one point and did things that adults frowned at.

April is a huge spring break month around the nation... so is March. Hopefully, you wont encounter any issues.

Thanks for the info....most kids are still in school in april though, so it might be slightly more adult orientated. We all have to remember though that we were all kids at one point and did things that adults frowned at.

I really do not care about the fact that we were all children at some point. RCI advertises this as adults only and needs to keep it that way. I pay for my cruise and I do expect to have this small area of peace of quiet available to me.

I used to cruise RCI as they had adults only areas but the lack of respect for the adults who do NOT want kids in these areas has gone by the wayside. If they are not going to enforce it, why bother?

I really do not care about the fact that we were all children at some point. RCI advertises this as adults only and needs to keep it that way. I pay for my cruise and I do expect to have this small area of peace of quiet available to me.

I used to cruise RCI as they had adults only areas but the lack of respect for the adults who do NOT want kids in these areas has gone by the wayside. If they are not going to enforce it, why bother?

I also have to agree here. If Disney Cruiseline can keep all the kids (and there are very many that try) out of the Quiet Cove adult pool area then RCI should be able to do the same. They just need to enforce it and stick to it. My husband and I would be disappointed if we went to the solarium and loud kids were around.

I also have to agree here. If Disney Cruiseline can keep all the kids (and there are very many that try) out of the Quiet Cove adult pool area then RCI should be able to do the same. They just need to enforce it and stick to it. My husband and I would be disappointed if we went to the solarium and loud kids were around.

After several fiascos in the Solarium pool on several cruises, I have pretty much given up on RCI. There was a major adult revolt on one cruise but the staff just kept saying that it was the parent's job to keep kids out, not theirs. It was a mess.

:mad: I chose the AOS because of the adult-only pool area. I will not be afraid to say something to either cruise member or parents about the rules. Adults should be able to have a small space to call thier own. If parents want to spend the time with thier kids then they should use the other pools.

I work with children every day all day. I love them to death. Adults need time and space away from crying, screaming, diaper wearing, squealng with laughter children sometimes. I am looking forward to it on this trip. It better happend or I will be a cranky 2 year old.:D

This will be our first time with RCI and I have a question about kids and the solarium pool area. I understand that it is an adult only area and I believe my kids will respect that also. However, we have been to many spas in Europe, where my girls would pop in to let us know how they were doing or if there was a change in plans. If I turn my walkie talkie OFF. Do you think it would be frowned on, if they just check in and then leave the area?

This will be our first time with RCI and I have a question about kids and the solarium pool area. I understand that it is an adult only area and I believe my kids will respect that also. However, we have been to many spas in Europe, where my girls would pop in to let us know how they were doing or if there was a change in plans. If I turn my walkie talkie OFF. Do you think it would be frowned on, if they just check in and then leave the area?

If they were just checking in, I, personally, think that is fine.

:mad: I chose the AOS because of the adult-only pool area. I will not be afraid to say something to either cruise member or parents about the rules. Adults should be able to have a small space to call thier own. If parents want to spend the time with thier kids then they should use the other pools.

I work with children every day all day. I love them to death. Adults need time and space away from crying, screaming, diaper wearing, squealng with laughter children sometimes. I am looking forward to it on this trip. It better happend or I will be a cranky 2 year old.:D

On a Grandeur cruise a few years ago, it was so bad that I and many of the other adults took to calling security every 30 minutes or so. They did nothing. A group went to the Pursers Desk; they did nothing. I left a note for the Hotel Manager. He did not response except to post a sign up at the Pursers Desk saying they were aware of the problems and were contacting parents, as it was their responsibility to supervice their kids.

I have had this problem to lesser extents on other RCI ships. Only on Serenade did the rules get enforced.

No problem for kids to walk in and check in with their parents. In fact, the pizza/burger place on some RCI ships is in the Solarium so kids are walking in and out all the time.

But if there are kids screaming in the pool, the whole ambience is shattered. They have been good at keeping it 'all adults' on all my cruises except for cold wx ones where they let the kiddies in from something like 10-11 AM and 3-4 PM. Then the adults tend to leave in droves for the hour! ;)

I love the solariums and enjoy hearing the piped in crickets and sitar music!

On VOS out of Bayonne to Bermuda in NOV. The Staff did tell one famil with 3 children to get out of the Adult area inside hot tub. The Mom made a fool of herself complaining to the staff member and very nasty to the other adults in the pool supporting him and thanking him for doing his job. To me they were strict enforcing this rule. Bravo to them!

On VOS out of Bayonne to Bermuda in NOV. The Staff did tell one famil with 3 children to get out of the Adult area inside hot tub. The Mom made a fool of herself complaining to the staff member and very nasty to the other adults in the pool supporting him and thanking him for doing his job. To me they were strict enforcing this rule. Bravo to them!

I hope that the rules are enforced. It is one thing for kids to pop in for a quick moment to check-in but they need to leave.:D Parents whom want to spend the afternoon with thier kids should do so in another pool.:) There isn't anything wrong with adults wanting to escape from children. Adult quality time is always needed. That way we can enjoy our mixed cocktails and adult conversations.:D

On all of my most recent (last 2 yrs) RCI cruises they had very active Deck Patrols who not only kept the chair hogs in check, they kept the diapered kids out of the main pool and jaccuzzis and also monitored the Solarium to make sure no kids were in there. I felt so bad for these deck crew as they were the brunt of angry, yelling parents who couldn't seem to follow the rules

On all of my most recent (last 2 yrs) RCI cruises they had very active Deck Patrols who not only kept the chair hogs in check, they kept the diapered kids out of the main pool and jaccuzzis and also monitored the Solarium to make sure no kids were in there. I felt so bad for these deck crew as they were the brunt of angry, yelling parents who couldn't seem to follow the rules

I'm hoping the Depends crowd stays with Holland America

I was actively cheering the deck patrol on when I sailed the Rhapsody in December. The deck patrol was great about preventing kids from using the Solarium, stopping deck chair hogging, etc.

Archived