Flight Ease confusion

TriumphGuy

Hi - We booked our April 2020 cruise through a large TA (associated with a large organization for retired people), and paid it in full. I booked flights through HAL's flight Ease because it was an exceptional deal. The problem is I see no way to pay for the flights on HAL's website. The flights (Delta/Air France) are listed on our itinerary, and we were even able to pick our seats. I do have a confirmation email with the amount owed stated, but no option to pay. 
We are planning to pay off the airfare later this fall. Is it too early and that's why there is no option?
I have to say, HAL's website is very clunky and difficult to navigate. 

The air fare is part of your final cruise payment.

Your TA takes all the payments for your cruise.  If you want to pay that portion ahead of time (no need really), call your TA and see if it can be done.

I was always under the impression that in order to pay your flight ease early you had to pay the cruise off early, but that is from posts on these boards and I have not done it myself.  I just pay it with my final payment.  It’s in the total.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I was always under the impression that in order to pay your flight ease early you had to pay the cruise off early, but that is from posts on these boards and I have not done it myself.  

I have paid for the flight early without paying the cruise final. It worked, and accomplished what I wanted at the time. 

I guess I will have to call them. My invoice for the cruise (booked through the TA) now says $0 balance, since I paid it off. But the air was arranged through HAL, separately from the TA, so I don't see how it would be part of the final cruise payment. 

As far as insurance goes, I bought medical and travel insurance through a third party also. 

4 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

I guess I will have to call them. My invoice for the cruise (booked through the TA) now says $0 balance, since I paid it off. But the air was arranged through HAL, separately from the TA, so I don't see how it would be part of the final cruise payment. 

As far as insurance goes, I bought medical and travel insurance through a third party also. 

Wow, this is weird.  Do let us know how you make out, please.

I’m a bit surprised - I’ve booked my Flight Ease always through HAL and not through my TA, but it’s always on my  TA’s confirmation and my bill and paid for in my final payment.

So for me, at least, this is really unusual.

My flights have always been on my confirmation showing paid in full (my TA sends me HAL’s confirmation - just as if you booked with them or a PCC).  The flights are in the details.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

With the addition of the flights, you now do have a final payment due at the normal final payment date.

I assume you booked the flexible airfare option. If so, by paying now you have locked in the price of your flights and will no longer be able to take advantage of a possible future reduction in airfare. Remember that the flexible option allows to you change or even cancel flights until 45 days before the cruise with no penalty.