What does O Life drink package include?

coconutmonkey

6 hours ago, roadmaster said:

Just to add a question here...by upgrading to the premium drink package, does that offer you any other choice of wines by the glass.

No, wine choices for both Beverage Packages are identical (i.e. any wine which the ship sells by the glass on the Bar menu).

6 hours ago, sailco said:

Thanks for that. Sounds ideal for us. We frequently opt for a simple room service burger and fries when we're tired. Not trying to stretch it out, but can we ask room service to deliver two drinks each? 

We have had two glasses each of champagne brought to us in our cabin. It would be so much easier if they brought you the bottle, but they won’t. One extra thing you also get with the package is the nice wines at the wine tasting. They have it usually a couple of nights on the Marina and Riviera. 

Edited by Misssmb

38 minutes ago, Misssmb said:

We have had two glasses each of champagne brought to us in our cabin. It would be so much easier if they brought you the bottle, but they won’t. One extra thing you also get with the package is the nice wines at the wine tasting. They have it usually a couple of nights on the Marina and Riviera. 

Do you mean the tasting in La Reserve on the nights they have the Wine Bar? Are you sure about this? Have you done this? I wasn't aware of this but haven't had the drink package since they've started the Wine Bar thing. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. 

Is this for the basic package? Thanks. 

This was for the prestige package and yes in the Reserve. We did it last year on the marina. I think there were only a few select wines that were not included. I tried to figure out what days it might be again, because the tapas were so good, we didn’t want to go to dinner afterwards!

• 3 months later...

If only one passenger buys the Wine by the Bottle package, can both passengers drink the wine?  Is the wine served only at meals?  A newbie to Oceania--thanks for responding to probably a dumb question.

43 minutes ago, CHYMN said:

If only one passenger buys the Wine by the Bottle package, can both passengers drink the wine?  Is the wine served only at meals?  A newbie to Oceania--thanks for responding to probably a dumb question.

When you buy the wine by the bottle (package or not) you OWN the bottles, any anyone may drink from them if YOU say it is OK.

You may either bring the bottles back to your Stateroom, or leave the bottles with the Ship to store in their Cellar until you call for them, which could be in any lounge or restaurant.  The choice is yours.

• 3 weeks later...

With regards to the OLife beverage package promo currently on.  I typically enjoy a glass of wine at dinner and hubby has a Malibu Rum in the afternoon and at dinner. Would it be wiser for us to select the shipboard credit promo versus the beverage package promo? Can we use the  ship board credit for alcohol purchases via the bar service? If we did select the beverage package, is the gratuity included or added separately to our on board account?  And finally, in reading this thread, do I understand correctly that we are permitted to bring alcohol on board (for instance a bottle of rum) and use in our stateroom?  If so, does the alcohol have to be brought on board at embarkation or can you purchase and bring on board at one of the port stops? In the past, we never have brought on board with other cruise lines. Thanks

8 hours ago, LoryAnn said:

With regards to the OLife beverage package promo currently on.  I typically enjoy a glass of wine at dinner and hubby has a Malibu Rum in the afternoon and at dinner. Would it be wiser for us to select the shipboard credit promo versus the beverage package promo? Can we use the  ship board credit for alcohol purchases via the bar service? If we did select the beverage package, is the gratuity included or added separately to our on board account?  And finally, in reading this thread, do I understand correctly that we are permitted to bring alcohol on board (for instance a bottle of rum) and use in our stateroom?  If so, does the alcohol have to be brought on board at embarkation or can you purchase and bring on board at one of the port stops? In the past, we never have brought on board with other cruise lines. Thanks

The typical Drink Promo is for a Package which only works during meals, i.e. no bar service unless you buy up into the Prestige Package at an additional $20 per person per day.

The gratuity is included with either Package.

Passengers may bring on alcohol for in cabin consumption, in other words not in the Public Rooms, at any port.  Oceania does not monitor it.