Case of water at Cape Liberty/Bayonne RC

dizgal64

The two sailings we've done out of Cape Liberty we taped luggage tags to our case of water and it was delivered with our luggage.  Last year when we sailed out of Port Canaveral they wanted it in the luggage so we put a case in a small suitcase. 

We will be sailing out of Bayonne again this month, just wondered which it was currently for that port. Anyone know? Same as before or like Port Canaveral?

TIA

39 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

The current RC rule is you must carry on and limit of 12 - 17 oz bottles per stateroom.  Results will vary.  I've had them count the bottles and I've had them never look.

We've never had to carry on our water. Maybe because it was a case in a sealed plastic covering? Not separate bottles, I mean. Anyway, that's why I asked the question to anyone who has sailed recently out of Bayonne. It seems different ports have different ways of doing things. Ok by me. I just would like to know the way they want me to do it. 🙂

1 hour ago, dizgal64 said:

The two sailings we've done out of Cape Liberty we taped luggage tags to our case of water and it was delivered with our luggage.  Last year when we sailed out of Port Canaveral they wanted it in the luggage so we put a case in a small suitcase. 

We will be sailing out of Bayonne again this month, just wondered which it was currently for that port. Anyone know? Same as before or like Port Canaveral?

TIA

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

This is from Royal

Guest maddycat

Not too long ago Royal changed how water could be brought on board.  At one time it was OK to put a luggage tag on a case and send it through with your luggage.  Now it has to be carried on board by the passenger.

THank you for all the responses guys. Sounds like RC is finally getting more consistent in their policy so at least it is easier to figure out. 🙂

I don't want to carry it on with me so since we have so many stops on our itinerary (10 nts new england/canada), we will just buy bottles as we need them in port. That's what we wanted them for really. On board, we are fine with the water they give you. 

Edited by dizgal64