Shareholder Investor Benefit

Petoonya

1 minute ago, RJ2002 said:

Now I am confused.   A FCC is simply a placeholder deposit, with the ability to get the "onboard" booking savings for a cruise booked in the future.  Who said that a FCC would negate the NCL stockholder credit?

This is not what they are saying.

If you buy the placeholder cruise with a credit card which gives a discount benefit, you may not double dip and get the shareholder benefit as well.

2 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

This is not what they are saying.

If you buy the placeholder cruise with a credit card which gives a discount benefit, you may not double dip and get the shareholder benefit as well.

Yes, I do understand about the double dip with promotional offers and credit card offers. 

What I don't understand is the reference to a FCC, and how that would somehow preclude someone from getting the stockholder OBC.

8 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

What I don't understand is the reference to a FCC, and how that would somehow preclude someone from getting the stockholder OBC.

The FCC does not preclude the Shareholder Benefit, that was the misunderstanding that I was alludiong to.

25 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Now I am confused.   A FCC is simply a placeholder deposit, with the ability to get the "onboard" booking savings for a cruise booked in the future.  Who said that a FCC would negate the NCL stockholder credit?

Here is a NCL link to their Shareholder Benefit FAQ page. See paragraph 7, sentence #2.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/23c8691e-2da7-4595-b132-a6ad137cf7f6

It would be nice to hear from someone who recently got SHB OBC on a 2019 O cruise where the booking was initially secured with a FCC. That would clear this issue up. But for now, I'm just going off what ropomo said at the end of post #20 and what was posted in the NCL SHB FAQ.

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here is a NCL link to their Shareholder Benefit FAQ page. See paragraph 7, sentence #2.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/23c8691e-2da7-4595-b132-a6ad137cf7f6

It would be nice to hear from someone who recently got SHB OBC on a 2019 O cruise where the booking was initially secured with a FCC. That would clear this issue up. But for now, I'm just going off what ropomo said at the end of post #20 and what was posted in the NCL SHB FAQ.

Again, the FCC is not an offer - it's a future cruise deposit.  (note:  there is the "offer" of the $100 OBC that one receives on the CURRENT cruise when the FCC is purchased  - - I'm reading that from a FCC I have right now.). 

It would depend on the terms of the potential cruise to which you are applying that FCC as to whether or not the NCLH OBC would be applicable (or said another way - where you'd need the make the choice between a promotional offer or the NCLH OBC).  In and of itself, using a FCC would not preclude getting the NCLH OBC.  

And BTW, congrats on all those NCLH credits  you've obtained.  That's great.  For someone that cruises frequently with the NCL family, it's a nice benefit.

30 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Again, the FCC is not an offer - it's a future cruise deposit.  (note:  there is the "offer" of the $100 OBC that one receives on the CURRENT cruise when the FCC is purchased  - - I'm reading that from a FCC I have right now.). 

It would depend on the terms of the potential cruise to which you are applying that FCC as to whether or not the NCLH OBC would be applicable (or said another way - where you'd need the make the choice between a promotional offer or the NCLH OBC).  In and of itself, using a FCC would not preclude getting the NCLH OBC.  

And BTW, congrats on all those NCLH credits  you've obtained.  That's great.  For someone that cruises frequently with the NCL family, it's a nice benefit.

Don't you also get between $250 to $800 future OBC on any O cruise you book with the FCC? That $100 OBC you get on the cruise you bought the FCC on is the $100 deposit you paid, which you will not get back if you don't use it or later on cancel the FCC.

But I really hope your right. That would really be a bumber for a lot of O folks if NCLH started dening the SHB associated with FCCs or booking onboard just like RCI used to do until just this year.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We booked a back to back cruise using FCC and our AMEX card.  One of the cruises came with OBC and pre-paid gratuities from agent.  We were able to use our AMEX promotion of OBC on the cruise without the TA offers but we had to choose which "promo" we wanted to use on the other.  It is the same with NCL shareholder OBC.  Using AMEX or shareholder OBC offer can be combined with FCC and Olife...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, basor said:

We booked a back to back cruise using FCC and our AMEX card.  One of the cruises came with OBC and pre-paid gratuities from agent.  We were able to use our AMEX promotion of OBC on the cruise without the TA offers but we had to choose which "promo" we wanted to use on the other.  It is the same with NCL shareholder OBC.  Using AMEX or shareholder OBC offer can be combined with FCC and Olife...

Cool. And you did this on a 2019 cruise? If so then that answers the question. NCLH will still give you shareholder OBC if you book your 2019 or later cruise with a FCC. Thanks for  clearing this issue up. 

5 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Just heard back after my follow up email.  I will not receive any OBC because I was booked under Ensemble Partner of the Month.  Not sure what is, I am receiving pre-paid gratuities and refundable OBC.  But, paying the listed price for the cruise.

At least I am making a profit on the stock.

Can anyone explain what is Ensemble Partner of the Month?

22 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What type of special promotion are you folks referring to? 

Since I got a discount for booking 3 cruises onboard and that they were B2B2B, Oceania said they wouldn't give me the shareholder credit. 

I'm used to getting combineable discounts on Princess so this was a disappointment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Since I got a discount for booking 3 cruises onboard and that they were B2B2B, Oceania said they wouldn't give me the shareholder credit. 

I'm used to getting combineable discounts on Princess so this was a disappointment. 

Did a O rep just tell you that or did you actually submit the 3 separate shareholder benefit requests, one for each leg with a separate booking number, to NCLH which they subsequently rejected?

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

did you actually submit the 3 separate shareholder benefit requests, one for each leg with a separate booking number, to NCLH which they subsequently rejected?

Yes, I did this. I got an email response from the office that I submitted the request to.

20 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Yes, I did this. I got an email response from the office that I submitted the request to.

I guess since they gave you 5% off each cruise, they figured that was enough reward. I know with Princess they give you zero for booking b2b cruises. I guess that's why they have no issue giving SHB OBC to every booking.