EZAir - Fly to a Different Port than Embarkation Point

High C's

Would someone be able to advise if it is possible to book via EZAir to a point that is NOT the embarkation port for the cruise?  We are cruising out of Copenhagen next year, but would like to start our vacation in a different city about a week earlier, and make our way there.  Is this possible?  Many thanks in advance. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, High C's said:

Would someone be able to advise if it is possible to book via EZAir to a point that is NOT the embarkation port for the cruise?  We are cruising out of Copenhagen next year, but would like to start our vacation in a different city about a week earlier, and make our way there.  Is this possible?  Many thanks in advance. 🙂 

We are doing that next year for the Baltic cruise, we are flying in to Berlin and spend a few days there and will take the train to Copenhagen, already have the EZflight booked with no problems

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EV2008 said:

We are doing that next year for the Baltic cruise, we are flying in to Berlin and spend a few days there and will take the train to Copenhagen, already have the EZflight booked with no problem

That is GREAT!  We want to fly to Edinburgh, take in the Tattoo, and then grab a one way flight to Copenhagen.  Our flights are still not available, so I haven't been able to play around to see if this could be done.  Many thanks!

23 minutes ago, High C's said:

That is GREAT!  We want to fly to Edinburgh, take in the Tattoo, and then grab a one way flight to Copenhagen.  Our flights are still not available, so I haven't been able to play around to see if this could be done.  Many thanks!

Jackie...I’d recommend changing the date first because otherwise you get this warning because flights on departure date can only be to the embarkation port.  Would a similar itinerary for an earlier date to Edinburgh be available which I do for an airfare preview.

8A8303BF-B389-49E9-A56C-0344A49650F8.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

18 minutes ago, High C's said:

You can book the entire flight with the stopover using EZAir. Select Copenhagen and the appropriate date for your destination. Then select the option to add a stop, and put in the arrival and departure dates for Edinburgh. This is a relatively new feature with EZAir, so I haven't heard from anyone yet who has used it, but it looks as if it could be perfect in your case.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Jackie...I’d recommend changing the date first because otherwise you get this warning because flights on departure date can only be to the embarkation port.  Would a similar itinerary for an earlier date to Edinburgh be available which I do for an airfare preview.

Thanks Frank.I'll try to do a ghost reservation.  We are only about 10 days until we are 330 out, so we should be able to book soon.  And the tattoo tickets are not on sale until December, so there is no panic.  I just wondered if it was even possible before I amp up my excitement! 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes you can........

We booked EZ Air and flew to Milan to visit family then took the train to Venice to meet the Regal to start our cruise.

We had the normal EZ Air return flight from Barcelona.

Perfect! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.  Many thanks 🙂

21 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You can book the entire flight with the stopover using EZAir. Select Copenhagen and the appropriate date for your destination. Then select the option to add a stop, and put in the arrival and departure dates for Edinburgh. This is a relatively new feature with EZAir, so I haven't heard from anyone yet who has used it, but it looks as if it could be perfect in your case.

This would be the BEST scenario!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, High C's said:

Thanks Frank.I'll try to do a ghost reservation.  We are only about 10 days until we are 330 out, so we should be able to book soon.  And the tattoo tickets are not on sale until December, so there is no panic.  I just wondered if it was even possible before I amp up my excitement! 🙂

It’s been years since booking an EZair roundtrip but if I recall correctly you’ll have to wait until 330 days before the return flight if booking roundtrip.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

It’s been awhile since booking an EZair roundtrip but if I recall correctly you’ll have to wait until 330 days before the return flight if booking roundtrip.

Actually, this is a b2b. We booked them seperately, so we have two different booking numbers.  I just assumed we could book the flight over using booking #1, and then our flight home using booking #2.  Is that correct?

7 minutes ago, High C's said:

Actually, this is a b2b. We booked them seperately, so we have two different booking numbers.  I just assumed we could book the flight over using booking #1, and then our flight home using booking #2.  Is that correct?

That’s been my experience.

I don’t think a MedallionClass B2B would affect that procedure.  Our Spring 2019 B2B 7-day cruises (only way to book it) were separate using my Cruise Personalizer but for OceanReady it was a single 14-day cruise with 2 booking numbers & 1 OceanMedallion.  We drove to LA & flew to Maui from YVR & hopefully it won’t affect your ability to book 2 one-way flights.

Edited by Astro Flyer

55 minutes ago, High C's said:

One caveat though.  If EZAir has not been allocated seats with the airline(s) that fly from Edinburgh to Copenhagen you will not be able to book that leg through them. 

In our case we have a cruise that ends in Rome, but we are flying home from Gatwick.   The obvious airline is Easyjet,  but EZAir has no availability for that airline, or any other for that matter. As such we have booked that leg seperately on the Easyjet website.

22 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s been my experience.

I don’t think a MedallionClass B2B would affect that procedure.  Our Spring 2019 B2B 7-day cruises (only way to book it) were separate using my Cruise Personalizer but for OceanReady it was a single 14-day cruise with 2 booking numbers & 1 OceanMedallion.  We drove to LA & flew to Maui from YVR & hopefully it won’t affect your ability to book 2 one-way flights.

Thanks for the heads up, Frank.  I will check it all out before we book.  Although I'm not terribly concerned for our flight home, as its just a quick jump from NYC to Toronto.

10 minutes ago, racj846 said:

One caveat though.  If EZAir has not been allocated seats with the airline(s) that fly from Edinburgh to Copenhagen you will not be able to book that leg through them. 

In our case we have a cruise that ends in Rome, but we are flying home from Gatwick.   The obvious airline is Easyjet,  but EZAir has no availability for that airline, or any other for that matter. As such we have booked that leg seperately on the Easyjet website.

Thanks.  That is what we originally planned, so if it doesn't go through EZAir, its not that difficult to book a quick one way from Edinburgh to Copenhagen.  

1 minute ago, High C's said:

Thanks for the heads up, Frank.  I will check it all out before we book.  Although I'm not terribly concerned for our flight home, as its just a quick jump from NYC to Toronto.

Hopefully everything works great for your reservations. 😃

What about after the end of a cruise?  We want to spend about 5 more days on our own in Alaska, not on a Princess tour.  But when I try to book homeward flights, it will only let me select the day of disembark or the day after.

Am a first time EZ Air user.

Thanks, Missy

I would suggest that you don’t necessarily book the Edinburgh to Copenhagen part through EZ air because it’s really easy and cheap to book with Norwegian air on this route. I’ve done it many times. Compare pricing before you book 🙂

If you are staying in Edinburgh and budget allows then please consider staying at Prestonfield House (hotel) I can guarantee you won’t regret it.

Enjoy Scotland 😀

14 minutes ago, MHF said:

What about after the end of a cruise?  We want to spend about 5 more days on our own in Alaska, not on a Princess tour.  But when I try to book homeward flights, it will only let me select the day of disembark or the day after.

Am a first time EZ Air user.

Thanks, Missy

I've booked return flights over a week after disembarkation with no problem.

When is your cruise? You cannot book flights more than 330 days in the future. If the end of your cruise is 329 days from now, that would explain your problem, and all you would need to do is wait a few days to book.

2 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I've booked return flights over a week after disembarkation with no problem.

When is your cruise? You cannot book flights more than 330 days in the future. If the end of your cruise is 329 days from now, that would explain your problem, and all you would need to do is wait a few days to book.

Thank you!  That must be it!  I need to wait another 4 days in order to book that Monday we want to leave.  Our cruise leaves Aug 5 for a week.  We are looking at flying home on Aug 17.  Time to call another cruise meeting of the 3 ladies traveling together to work on return flights next weekend.

9 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

I would suggest that you don’t necessarily book the Edinburgh to Copenhagen part through EZ air because it’s really easy and cheap to book with Norwegian air on this route. I’ve done it many times. Compare pricing before you book 🙂

If you are staying in Edinburgh and budget allows then please consider staying at Prestonfield House (hotel) I can guarantee you won’t regret it.

Enjoy Scotland 😀

Thank you SO much!!!!!!!  I will definitely make note of both of your suggestions 🙂

We LOVE Scotland.  I lived in Aberdeen until I was 5, then we moved to Canada.  I returned often to visit family, and now my husband loves it as much as I do.

3 hours ago, High C's said:

Would probably be cheaper to book round trip under one of the bookings instead of separate one way flights.

6 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

Would probably be cheaper to book round trip under one of the bookings instead of separate one way flights.

I don't think that is possible the way it's booked. The return would have to be at the end of the first cruise if one tried to book a round trip.

One direction on each booking. Outgoing one way on the first booking and the one way return on the 2nd booking if I am understanding this correctly.