DIY Beatles tour in Liverpool and Chester

PandaBear62

So my dh thinks seeing some Beatles related attractions is the best way to spend our day in Liverpool.......I want to see Chester!  Is this realistic at all? We are there 8-5. While I'm happy to be as early off the ship as I can, we definitely want to be near the ship by 5. I assume all aboard is 4:30.

Thanks

Depends on what attractions your husband wants to see. The Beatles Story exhibit is in Albert Dock and very close to where your ship will be berthed and  Cavern Club where it all started is a short walk away. But several other sites are rather far flung and require some kind of transportation, could take time too. 

Chester is an easy DIY trip from Liverpool, about 30 odd minutes by train, then you take a kind of shuttle bus to the historic center. About 3 hours should be enough to walk the walls and wander around the old town. 

I’d get off the ship asap and head straight out to Chester, you can easily be back by latest 1pm. Then spend about 3+ hours visiting the Beatles attractions, that way you’re in Liverpool close to your ship.   

In 2015 we were booked on a Beatles tour from 9-12 and had planned on going to Chester in the afternoon, our departure was at 6.30. But it there was a huge downpour and we decided to stay back. We were luckier in 2017 and spent a delightful morning in Chester with the afternoon visiting the in Albert Dock maritime museum. 

12 hours ago, ducklite said:

There is a new Beatles Exhibit opening at Strawberry Fields, the former Salvation Army facility that Lennon spent a lot of his childhood hanging around at.  It would require a car or taxi to get to.

Yes, Strawberry Fields is quite a distance away, also Paul Mcarthney’s childhood home.