P&O cruise with Thomas Cook flights included

Phileas Fogg

Hi, first post, first cruise so please bear with me as I’m new to all this, so would value come help please.

We’re booked with P&O ( through Iglu) for a fly cruise holiday embarking in Barbados in a few weeks time.

Will P&O take responsibility for rechartering a different airline for our return flights from Gatwick do you think? 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hi, first post, first cruise so please bear with me as I’m new to all this, so would value come help please.

We’re booked with P&O ( through Iglu) for a fly cruise holiday embarking in Barbados in a few weeks time.

Will P&O take responsibility for rechartering a different airline for our return flights from Gatwick do you think? 🤞🏼

20 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thankyou. Just wait for Iglu then 

From what I have seen posted elsewhere iglu are not always up to speed with these sort of things, so leave it 3/4 days and if you have heard nothing from iglu chase them. Pando will arrange the change of flight  etc. Iglu should be keeping you upto speed though on whats happening.

It is worth looking at your cruise personaliser in the “getting there and back” section. If you select “flights” from the menu and scroll right down it shows your flight company, flight times etc.

It may still show Thomas Cook at the moment but should change there once updated by P&O.

I would also take the English Ladies counsel and contact your agent in a few days if you have not heard from them.

I am not sure you will hear as soon as a few days but it would be great if you did. We are flying to Malta on October 17th and I don't expect to hear until much nearer the date as P&O have more immediate flights issues to deal with. What I'm really saying is don't panic all will be fine. Enjoy your first cruise

24 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I am not sure you will hear as soon as a few days but it would be great if you did. We are flying to Malta on October 17th and I don't expect to hear until much nearer the date as P&O have more immediate flights issues to deal with. What I'm really saying is don't panic all will be fine. Enjoy your first cruise

UPDATE: people flying to join Oceana in Malta this week have been advised on the new flights

On FB someone has posted a letter given to all Pax on Oceana stating those on fly Caribbean cruises like the OP will be contacted nearer the time

6 hours ago, Cathygh said:

My father in law is on the same cruise as you, trying to keep him calm is a nightmare.. 

He is of the generation that expects a personal phone call straight away telling him what is going on😊

Andy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

My father in law is on the same cruise as you, trying to keep him calm is a nightmare.. 

He is of the generation that expects a personal phone call straight away telling him what is going on😊

Andy

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: may be I should avoid him?

P&O have now sorted flights for passengers going to/from Malta this week and will now start sourcing flights for the rest. Everyone is advised to have their contact details in Cruise Personaliser up to date

• Like 1

I have to say I think P&O have been brilliant in getting everyone who is flying on Thursday new flights and informing them all so quickly to stop the anxiety.

On a much nastier note I have just read lots of people have been phoned, supposedly from T.C., asking for their credit card details so their refunds can be made. 

You will have to make your father in law aware of this Andy.

1 hour ago, happy v said:

I have to say I think P&O have been brilliant in getting everyone who is flying on Thursday new flights and informing them all so quickly to stop the anxiety.

On a much nastier note I have just read lots of people have been phoned, supposedly from T.C., asking for their credit card details so their refunds can be made. 

You will have to make your father in law aware of this Andy.

Thank you for the heads up, I will tell him. Unfortunately, he is the sort to fall for something like that, far too trusting.. 

Andy

Edited by AndyMichelle
Spelling

9 hours ago, Cathygh said:

UPDATE: people flying to join Oceana in Malta this week have been advised on the new flights

On FB someone has posted a letter given to all Pax on Oceana stating those on fly Caribbean cruises like the OP will be contacted nearer the time

T

Thankyou to everyone that has provided info. It has been very reassuring.

i have to say how impressed I am with the level and quality of support there has been on the Forum. Perhaps this cruise lark might be ok after all!

#newbie #willitbefun #inforapenny(ish)

• Like 4

We are on the re-positioning cruise on 17th October, only booked about 4 days before Thomas Cook's sad demise.  We were due to fly from Birmingham at 06.00, arriving at 10.15.  Had a call today from P&O telling us that its now impossible for us to fly from Birmingham, and that our flight will now be at 14.40 from Manchester with Jet2, arriving in Valetta at 19.10.   We've been given extra on board credit and we're now trying to sort getting there,  as no-one from our family/friends is available to take us to the airport without losing a days work.

4 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

We are on the re-positioning cruise on 17th October, only booked about 4 days before Thomas Cook's sad demise.  We were due to fly from Birmingham at 06.00, arriving at 10.15.  Had a call today from P&O telling us that its now impossible for us to fly from Birmingham, and that our flight will now be at 14.40 from Manchester with Jet2, arriving in Valetta at 19.10.   We've been given extra on board credit and we're now trying to sort getting there,  as no-one from our family/friends is available to take us to the airport without losing a days work.

Oh what a palava for you. 

Hope you can get transport sorted without further stress. 

My father in law is on the same cruise, supposedly flying from Gatwick but he hasn't heard anything yet. 

Have a great cruise, despite the hiccup. 

Andy

Hopefully, the fact that your father-in-law hasn't heard anything yet is a good sign, maybe they are dealing with the big changes/potential problems first.  (hope he doesn't see this Forum!).

Very slightly disappointed to be missing our few hours in Valetta, as I've never been to Malta, but just glad that we can still go on holiday.   There are lots of people in a much worse position than us.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Hopefully, the fact that your father-in-law hasn't heard anything yet is a good sign, maybe they are dealing with the big changes/potential problems first.  (hope he doesn't see this Forum!).

Very slightly disappointed to be missing our few hours in Valetta, as I've never been to Malta, but just glad that we can still go on holiday.   There are lots of people in a much worse position than us.  

You might be lucky.  We had a late flight to Malta arriving late afternoon but our return flight was later too perhaps sometime after 6pm.  On the last day, after we had vacated our cabin, had breakfast and deposited our hand luggage at the luggage store on board, we went off into Valetta for several hours. We then returned to the ship for a late lunch before our transfer to the airport.  If it works out that way for you, you will be able to see something of Valetta on your last day.

30 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

You might be lucky.  We had a late flight to Malta arriving late afternoon but our return flight was later too perhaps sometime after 6pm.  On the last day, after we had vacated our cabin, had breakfast and deposited our hand luggage at the luggage store on board, we went off into Valetta for several hours. We then returned to the ship for a late lunch before our transfer to the airport.  If it works out that way for you, you will be able to see something of Valetta on your last day.

I doubt it, its a relocation cruise coming back to Southampton. 

Andy

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I doubt it, its a relocation cruise coming back to Southampton. 

Andy

Doh.......  overlooked the repositioning bit and was imagining it was the home port situation ... overlooking the fact that its not the summer season either!!!  😕

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

The writing was on the wall.

Thank you for that helpful comment, yes we were fully aware when we booked, but our TA (not Thomas Cook) assured us a replacement flight would be found, which is exactly what has happened.

My post was not complaining about the situation, just informing others of what had happened.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

Thank you for that helpful comment, yes we were fully aware when we booked, but our TA (not Thomas Cook) assured us a replacement flight would be found, which is exactly what has happened.

My post was not complaining about the situation, just informing others of what had happened.

Alternative.